Thursday, October 11, 2018

NYC Day One: 2018

Hello Staten Island Ferry!
Our recent trip to NYC might have been our best one yet!
The really fun part about this is we almost didn't go!
I felt like there were so many things for us to do at home, but we went away because we're only young once, so might as well do it as we can!

I woke up bright and early to get ready for the Saturday taping of the Today Show. 
Last year we got ready and trekked into the city only to find out that they weren't taping that day!
Of. All. Days.
This year I was smart enough to check the TV Guide when I got up. 
There was a golf tournament instead of the Today Show, so I went back to bed and enjoyed my four more hours of sleep!

We got up on Saturday, ate breakfast at the hotel and then left for the city. 
Here we are aboard the Staten Island Ferry, ready to head for Manhattan!


It's always good to see Manhattan for the first time!

We walked around the lower-east side of Manhattan. 
It is so pretty and family-friendly. 
I always tell Alex that if I lived in Manhattan that this is where I would live!

We stopped at Brookfield Place for a cupcake!
Oh my goodness...how delicious! 
This was my favorite dessert all trip!
So moist and yummy!



We sat down to eat my cupcake and saw that there was yoga going on. 
How neat to have yoga right there looking out at the water and they even have headsets to hear the instructor!


I really have no idea what this is called, but it was a grassy knoll and looked out of place, so we went up it.


We walked and walked and walked and enjoyed the beautiful morning and ended up at the High Line. 
We got on up top and walked for a bit and then headed to Chelsea Market.



From Chelsea Market we headed to Little Italy for lunch.
We ate at Da Nico's. 
We've eaten there before and loved it, so we returned. 


It was a beautiful sunny afternoon, so we sat outside. 


The fettuccine alfredo was excellent!
I'm not sure what the seasoning was, but Alex said it reminded him of what his great-grandma used to make. 



 Complimentary zeppole for dessert!


 From there we headed to Times Square and decided to buy tickets for a bus tour. 
It was good for 48 hours, so we thought we would see a bit of the city that we've never seen before. 


There wasn't that much time in-between, but we thought we should eat something before the bus tour. 
We headed to Connolly's for dinner.
This also allowed Alex to watch a little college football, so he was pumped about my pick.


Fish and chips for the win!


We headed down to catch the 7 o'clock bus but ended up standing in line for about an hour. 


We chose to sit in the back and were ready to go!


 Here we are in Brooklyn looking back at the city!


Freedom Tower!


We then headed up to the 86th floor atop the Empire State Building. 
It was such a beautiful night!
I highly recommend going to the Empire State Building at night. 
The money was so worth it!
Alex could have stayed for hours!




And that was Day One. 
I really thought we wouldn't stay in the city that long. 
I brought school work to do and thought we would get back in time to relax and do some of it each night. 
On this night I think I went to bed around 2 and that was just getting back to our room and showering, no school work!
The city is so fun and busy and there's never a lack of things to do. 


1 comment: