Wednesday, July 26, 2017

What's Up Wednesday: End of July

These days keep flying by!
I feel like I just wrote What's Up Wednesday for June and now it's already the end of the July! 



At the end of each month MelShay and Sheaffer share 
What's Up Wednesday!!!
We answer a series of questions and one extra one special to that month.
This month we're answering...

What's your favorite thing about summer?



What we're eating this week:

This week I'm enjoying some family time away from home. 
My aunt and I are always cooking/baking away in the kitchen. 
I'm not sure what we'll be making, but I know it will be yummy!

In addition, we will head out on the town for some yummy southern food. 

Since I don't have any images of what exactly it'll be, I'll share what Alex and I have been eating throughout the month. 

Hamloaf, zucchini and twice baked potatoes

Homemade stromboli

Zucchini Cupcakes

What I'm reminiscing about:

I'm really missing our trips to Myrtle Beach.
As a kid we didn't go every year, but it was a HUGE treat to go to the beach.

I would save up any money I had earned and take it to buy souvenirs like large seashells.
I looked forward to this trip for months and would save my money all year to be able to have some to buy some "nice" things from the souvenir shops.

I love staying oceanfront, so we can see the ocean even if we're not down on it.


 Love the sunrises and sunsets

Mom and I would enjoy early morning and late evening walks


We even got to experience some shark sightings!


So much fun!

What I'm loving:

I'm enjoying the heck out of late nights and late mornings.
I'm talking staying up after 9 pm and getting up after 4 am.
School is going to be here soon, and I just can't take these days for granted!


What we've been up to:

This should be titled what Alex has been up to. 
Alex made us corn hole boards last summer, and we just got around to making them pretty. 
Here they are almost finished...

I've been doing a lot of reading, swimming, cleaning, cooking and working out/running.

 



What I'm dreading:

I don't know that I'm dreading much other than getting used to my 4 am alarm!

What I'm working on:

Lesson plans!
I have SO many tabs open on both my laptop and our regular computer.
So many things to get ready for the new year!

I'm currently looking for a bulletin board idea that revolves around themed read alouds.
I'm using the theme of Overcoming Hardship/Adversity, but I'm looking for a neat way to display all of our literature circles and class read aloud titles on one bulletin board throughout the whole year.
There's research behind doing read alouds and reading books in the classroom that all have one main theme.
One idea for teachers to do in the classroom was to make a bulletin board with that theme.
Usually I have at least a starting idea, but I'm totally drawing a blank here. 

What I'm excited about:

Enjoying the end of summer and getting back into a routine!
As much as I love summer; I love a routine!
My 4 am alarm won't be loved for the first couple of weeks but by mid September I will be back in the groove!

What I'm watching/reading:

Come back next Monday for my June and July Book Review.

I could bore you by telling you about the three books about the teenage brain that I just read, but I'll forgo that and give you a sneak peak about the books I've been reading over the summer.


Here's the first order of books I received from the library.







What I'm listening to:

In the morning I hear a lot of these. 
I love listening to Doves; they're a great way to wake up.


I'm also loving Kelsea Ballerini's new single Legends.



What I'm wearing:


About any day of the week you can catch me in something like this...

Another day at the pool!


What I'm doing this weekend:

Well I'm currently visiting relatives, so we will enjoy our last days before we head home!

What I'm looking forward to next month:

Routine!

What else is new:

In a couple weeks I'm going to a multi-day conference for my new little side business!
I'm so excited yet so nervous!
Plus it's the last 3 days before school starts.
I'd love to spend those days by the pool, but when an opportunity knocks you have to take advantage!

What's your favorite thing about summer?:

Any teacher would shout "NO SCHOOL!"
While I love having tons of freedom and not going to work, I really really love the pool!


3 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so jealous of all of your pool time! I'm seeing so many people this morning talk about just wearing their swimsuits all summer and that is totally not us! Ha! I wish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can never go wrong with pool time!! Our pool is usually pretty packed and by the time we get ready to go it's late haha. And that twice baked potato looks amazing, those are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how quickly summer has gone by! While I'm going to miss easy Summer days, I'm with you when it comes to liking a routine! I just feel so much more productive when I have a daily routine.

    ReplyDelete