Monday, January 8, 2018

Instant Pot: Taco Chicken Bowls


This past weekend I used my Instant Pot for the first time!
I was a bit hesitant about it because it seemed a bit overwhelming, and the high heat scares me a bit, but I found a scrumptious recipe here and decided to give it a try!


Taco Chicken Bowls



Items Needed:
3-4 Cups of Broth or Water
3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1-2 Packets Taco Seasoning
1-8 oz. Can Black Beans (Drained and Rinsed)
1-15 oz. Bag of Frozen Corn
Jar of Salsa
2-3 Cups Jasmine/Regular Rice
Extras: Cheddar Cheese, Sour Cream, Tortilla Chips


1. Add 1 cup of broth or water (I used broth) to the bottom of the Instant Pot
Add chicken breasts

2. Sprinkle 1-2 packets of taco seasoning on top (I used one packet, but I would probably use a little more next time.)

3. Add black beans

4. Add corn

5. Add salsa

6. The recipe calls for jasmine rice, but I didn't have any, so I used regular brown rice. 
I would say the rice could have been more done, but Alex thought it was great. 
I only used about 2 cups-the original recipe calls for 3.

7. Add more broth/water
Since I only used about 2 cups of rice, I poured 2 cups of broth/water at the end. 
The original recipe calls for 3 cups, but suggests to cut back if you use less rice. 
I actually did one cup of broth and one cup of water.

8. Put the lid on and set at high pressure for 12 minutes.

9. Take the lid off and voila!

10. Put the corn, bean, rice, salsa mixture in a bowl

11. Shred the chicken, add it on top and put the extras on top!

A yummy taco chicken bowl!

The recipe says it feeds 6, and that couldn't be more true!
There was so much left. 
We ate it for dinner, again the next day for lunch and still have a works week of lunches left!
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I really need to get one of these. It's been on my list for a long time and I need to just do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks SO good! I have seen so many people using the insta pot here lately and have seriously been debating on getting one. Do you love yours?!

    ReplyDelete