Thursday, December 21, 2017

Holiday Spa Day 2017


It's a Holiday Spa Day!

Last year I started a new tradition as a gift for my mom and mother in law. 
I pick a Saturday in December, choose a spa and some services that I think they would enjoy and we spend the day getting pampered!

This was a nontraditional idea that I thought they might enjoy. 
They both say they don't need anything for Christmas, so I thought why not do something out of the ordinary and have a relaxing girls day. 

Last year we went to a salon/spa nearby. 
We had a facial, massage and pedicures and then had lunch at a cute little shop. 

This year I decided to go BIG!

I made these cute little invitations. 

I picked them up and we stopped for some coffee/cocoa and a pastry. 
Then, we were on our way. 
I was a little worried about the weather because it was expected to snow at first, and we had a couple hour drive to the spa, but it was a beautiful day with sunshine and no snow or rain!

I wish I had captured a picture of the spa outside, but I didn't.


We headed upstairs to change. 
All ready for my warm comfy robe!

Such a pretty changing room with all of the amenities.

We headed to the quiet room where we relaxed and could have mimosas or wine. 
In addition, they had cucumber water or lemon water, apples and some trail mixes. 
I opted for the cucumber water and kept going back for more!


First up was our back, neck and should massage with essential oils. 
I opted for medium/deep pressure. 
My massage was fabulous!
I was most surprised that the masseuse worked on the right side of my neck for what seemed like forever!
It must have been so tight because I actually had to saw "Ow!" a couple of times. 
I never knew there was so much to massage in your neck!



 From there we headed back to the quiet room before our pedicures. 




On our way back down the elevator this serene little waterfall was sprinkling water on the rocks. 


What a great relaxing morning!
Both my mom and mother in law said they would go back!
They loved the massages, so I think that will be my focal point for next year!

From there we headed to lunch and then some final Christmas shopping. 
I'm not lying when I saw we spent 45 minutes driving around trying to find a parking spot. 
Mall parking was insane!
Thankfully, we finally found a spot and got in a few of our last minute gifts!

Only 4 more days!! 
Woohoo!



1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this!! There is something so fun and special about a spa day.

    ReplyDelete