Thursday, July 5, 2018

Red, White and Blue Trifle

Hey There!
I took a LONG unexpected blog break. 
The end of the school year always gets hectic, and just after that ended I found myself not wanting to make my posts, so I took some time off. 
I decided that I enjoy the community and great ideas too much to just throw in the towel. 
I'm back and will give myself more freedom with my posts. 
I might posts once, twice or three times a week. 
I'm going to let it happen as it happens. 

Today I have a super easy and delicious trifle for you!
If you are looking for a last minute dessert for this weekend, look this way!
I've made this three times in the past month and everybody has LOVED it!
Seriously, this might be the dish that I've gotten the most compliments on and it comes straight from Shay Shull herself. 


You only need a handful of ingredients and you don't even have to turn on the oven!
After the past week of blazing temperatures, I was so happy to come home from the pool and through this all together without making my kitchen 100 degrees!


You Need:
 1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 Cup Water
1-5 oz. Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
1-12 oz. Cool Whip
1-8 oz. Sour Cream 
1 Large Angel Food Cake
2 Containers of Blueberries
2 Containers of Strawberries- Cored and Cut

1. Whisk the pudding mix, condensed milk and water together. 
Set in the refrigerator for 5 minutes. 

2. Add in the Cool Whip and Sour Cream. 

3. Cut the angel food cake into bite size pieces.
Layer the bottom with angel food cake pieces.

4. Add the cut strawberries over the angel food cake. 

5. Add the blueberries on top.


6. Spread the pudding mixture on top.

7. Repeat the layers two more times.

 Enjoy!






 This is such a great and easy dessert for hot summer days!
At every cookout that I took it people were asking for the recipe!
Light, airy, fruity and yummy!
You need this sweet treat in your summertime!


2 comments:

  1. Welcome back!!!! :) Oh my this looks so good! I love easy desserts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you’re back! This looks like such a yummy summer dessert! ☺️

    ReplyDelete