Thursday, November 15, 2018

Try It Thursday: Spice Bundt Cake

I'm sharing another tried and true recipe today!
This one is from a cake I made for my mom's birthday. 
We had been away for a wedding the night before, so I knew my parents wouldn't be back in town until later. 
I wanted to make something for her, so I opted for a spice cake since that's her favorite!


It's simple and easy and tastes delicious in the end!

Items Needed for Cake:
1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
Ingredients on Cake Box plus 1 Egg
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground allspice

Items Needed for Glaze:
1 C. Brown Sugar
1.2 C. Heavy Cream
4 Tbsp. Butter, cubed
1 C. Powdered Sugar
1.4 tsp. Vanilla Extract

1. Mix cake mix and spices together.
2. Add ingredients on the cake box plus extra egg and beat on low for 1 minute.
Change speed to medium and mix for 2 more minutes.
3. Pour batter into greased bundt cake pan.
4. Bake according to package.
5. Let cake cool for 10 minutes
6. Invert and let finish cooling.

7. In saucepan, combine brown sugar, cream and butter.
8. Stir over low heat until butter is melted.
9. Turn heat to medium and bring to a boil while stirring. Boil for 3 minutes, and then remove from heat.
10. Add in powdered sugar and vanilla.
11. Stir until smooth and drizzle over cooled cake.

*Credit to Chocolate, Chocolate and more for this awesome recipe!

This recipe was so light and sweet!
I wanted to eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
Enjoy it with a nice glass of milk!


2 comments: