Friday, December 15, 2017

Friday Favorites: A Mix of This and That

Happy Friday!
It's the last Friday before Christmas break. 
After today we only have two more school days until about 2 weeks off!
On top of that we got a snow day yesterday, so I'm feeling all kinds of festive and in the mood today!
As always, I'm linking up with ErikaNarci and Andrea
We're sharing our favorites from the week.
Grab their graphic and linkup with your favorites from the week, too.

Ornament from the one and only Magnolia

My friends went to Texas after Thanksgiving. 
They invited us to go, but unfortunately, they wouldn't be back before I was to go back to school and we're not allowed to take off before or after a holiday, so we couldn't go!
Bummer!

Unexpectedly, my sweet friend got me something straight from Magnolia!


A cute little ornament and it fits perfectly with my tree decor!
I love that she thought of me and that it matches my tree! 
It's front and center, and I always can see it when I walk into the living room from the kitchen!


----
Over the weekend we had our ThanksChristmas with friends. 
I didn't take any pictures but here is the gift I won in our white elephant exchange. 
Some rollers!
Only I would be so pumped to get rollers!
I had my gift opened and use the very next morning and it also came from my sweet friend above. 

Home Tour

Speaking of my Christmas tree, Sarah and Victoria wrapped up their Most Wonderful Time of the Year linkup this week. 

I shared some shots of our home here




In addition, I shared our Christmas card here.


I want to say again how much I love supporting a fellow teacher who works so hard during the day to care for wild and crazy teenagers.
I'm speaking for her when I say that, but I teach 8th grade too, and I feel like I can speak for all teachers because 8th graders are just unique.
Laughing and screaming one minute and crying the next.

I admire so much the effort that Andrea puts into her classroom, family and cards.
Slightly Askew Designs is so neat!
I'm so glad that she willingly made our Christmas cards again!

Steelers

I grew up in a family that is mostly dominated by males. 
My dad only had brothers, so when we went to my grandma's house, we watch ball games-baseball or football were primarily the choice!
I grew up watching all sorts of games with my dad. 

My love for baseball wavered and waned; however, I found the sport that I love watching most-football!
Our family has always been Steelers fans. 
I always watched the games with my dad when I still lived at home. 
Now, I try to go out as much as possible but these night games are killing me!

8:30 is usually the time I go to bed, but the past two weeks it has been the time that the Steelers started! 
These games have been nail biters, so I've had to stay up the entire time to see the end result. 
4 hours of sleep hasn't been good for me, so I'm thankful break is right around the corner. 

Here are a few of my latest screenshots. 
I typically screenshot things and send them to my dad, so he can stay up on the Steelers' players lives off of the field! ;)

An extremely unfortunate play occurred during the game two weeks ago. 
Ryan Shazier had an intense hit which left him on his stomach only to flop over on his back and grab for help. 
I saw the play live and knew it wasn't good. 

It's so neat to watch Steelers nation and how supportive not only the team but the fans have been. 
Here is Vince Williams wearing Shaziers jersey at practice. 

During that game, as well, Juju Smith-Schuster had a great block/tackle of a Bengals player. 
Unfortunately, he stayed on top of the guy a little longer than would have been liked. 
He was suspended from last weeks game. 
He posted this video about not being able to leave a tip because he's not getting a paycheck this week. 
I guess there's always a way to put humor in humorless situations!

Snow Day

We got an unexpected snow day yesterday!
I knew it was supposed to snow, but I honestly didn't think we would get the day off. 

First we had a delay-the night before, which is awesome because then I can sleep in. 
I actually chose to wake up at normal time, thought, and grade essays, so I was all ready to go when we got the cancellation. 

  I love early mornings!
I was ready to go with my dark hot chocolate because I thought my classroom might be cold, so instead I sipped a little and then headed out to run. 



This right here makes me so happy!
I love getting snail mail, especially holiday cards. 
I was grinning when I saw this pretty sticker on the back of the envelope. 

I feel like not many people use stickers anymore, and it's something that reminds me of the good ole days. 
I was even more happy when I saw that the card inside matched the sticker!
A good ole Christmas card reminding me of years past and even though I don't feel like I'm getting older-so much has changed in 27 years!

So, that's a wrap.
Some gifts, cards and decor for your Friday.

Tomorrow I am headed to a new spa for our annual Holiday Spa Day with the mom's.
I'm sure my mom, my mother-in-law and I will be in for a treat!
Have a blessed and cheery Friday!

1 comment:

  1. I love your tree! It’s gorgeous. And your Christmas card is beautiful too. What a great week! And I am all about the snail mail! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete