Friday, November 3, 2017

Friday Favorites: Live with Kelly, D.C., Hallmark Christmas Movies, Amazon Scarves

It's Friday, Friday!
So glad to see Fri-Yay!
Last week I spent three days with 100+ kids in D.C. so a whole week back in the classroom has me needing a Friday!
As always, I'm linking up with ErikaNarci and Andrea
We're sharing our favorites from the week.
Grab their graphic and linkup with your favorites from the week, too.

Washington D.C.

Like I mentioned above, last week we had our 8th grade trip to Washington D.C.
My students look forward to this trip with so much anticipation!
I teach in an extremely rural area, so some of these kids have never been outside of the state, let alone to a city!


It is so neat to see a new city through their eyes.
They were beyond enthused to be riding a charter bus not a school bus and to get to stay in a hotel.
One new addition we randomly added in this time was the Capitol.
So fun seeing the high officials go in and out as we stood outside.


I always love our night tour!
This is my favorite view of the Washington Monument!

We eat dinner at Medieval Times one night. 
Here I am with some of my favorite co-workers!


NYC

Earlier in the week I shared two posts about our recent trip to the Big Apple!
We ate breakfast at an entertaining dinner and had free humongous desserts!
To see more about our trip, click here


Then, on a Monday, specifically October 2, Kelly Ripa's birthday, we visited the Live with Kelly and Ryan show!
It was fantastic.
Waiting in line for 3 hours was totally worth it!
See all of my fun pictures here.



I cannot write this post without thinking about those friends and families of the people whose lives were innocently taken in Manhattan earlier in the week.
Alex and I strolled on that exact bike path a month ago.
I even told him if we had to live in NYC that that area is where I would want to live.
It was so clean, unlike many other spots in the city.
People were blowing leaves off the sidewalk, kids were playing soccer, so many people were running and nearby families were playing at a park.
We walked and sat for hours in that exact area.
I was shocked to find out that was the exact spot where the terrorist took so many lives.
This life is so short, and I hope we all cherish every moment we are given!


Hallmark Christmas Movies

It was a coldy and rainy weekend, so I spent time watching CHRISTMAS movies!
Yes! Christmas movies!
One of Alex's friends came over and said "Are you really watching Christmas movies?"
Why yes, yes I am!

My new favorite Hallmark movie is Marry Me at Christmas!

Amazon Scarves


These awesome scarves come in 19 different colors and are only $12. 
I haven't decided which colors are my favorite, but there are so many great color combinations!

Lots of favorites for the week!
I'm hoping to get a lot of cleaning done, along with finish a current book this weekend.
I hope to even add in a few more Hallmark Christmas movies!
Enjoy your weekend!
How many more days until Christmas?!

3 comments:

  1. I love that hallmark Christmas movies are in full swing! I'll have to make sure to catch that one. And I made a library run this week - I'm hoping to kick start a reading binge. And your trips to Washington and NY sound like so much fun! And it's really heart breaking - all of this terrorism and violence. It seems like it's so far away and then it ends up being so close. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend - get some rest! I couldn't imagine taking a whole bunch of 8th graders anywhere! Haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun times - I think the schools here have started up the DC trip again after a bad group made the school system say NO MORE! LOL You know I have had no desire to go to NYC ever? Is that odd? I agree it is but Boston - sign me up! Watch those Hallmark movies, girl! I am! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me just say that Medieval Times is one of my all time favorite things haha! We have been to a few different ones and they are always so much fun!

    ReplyDelete