Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Show and Tell: Want, Need, Wear, Read

Hey ladies!
It's Show and Tell Tuesday and our first day back to school after Thanksgiving break!
Thanksgiving break seemed super long this year, which is always a nice thing, so I'm ready to get back in the classroom.


Andrea from Momfessionals has a linkup two Tuesday's a month. 

Today's topic is Want, Need, Wear, Read 

If you're interested in linking up later on or what to see what the topics were so far this year, check out the graphic below. 




So I did some major Black Friday shopping for myself, so I'm really not sure that there's anything I want that I haven't already bought. 
That sounds horrible, but I love a good deal and would rather buy it on sale now than wait and hope for it at Christmas. 

With that being said, here are a few things that are still on my list...

Cabinet Doors 
When we redid our living room we took down the built in cabinet doors. 
After we painted them, they no longer fit, so we haven't had top cabinet doors since then. 
I've asked and asked and asked for Alex to get new ones, and he said he was going to, but then the ones we were going to get they stopped making. 
All of the door sizes are custom, so we have to find the right place to make them. 
I'm really hoping Santa makes, paints and hangs these doors before Christmas morning!


I've had my eye on these pj's for a while now. 
I wish they would go on sale, but they are super cute!




Belts!
I usually always wear a belt because they just don't make pants that fit like a glove for me. 
These tend to wear out quicker than I think. 
I love leopard/cheetah print belts, a good ole black/brown reversible one and a glitter one that I've found below. 





I'm posting this because it's super cute even though every time I click on it, it is out of stock. 

Love this cozy sweater.

Another super soft cardigan.
It comes in three other colors.
via

This asymmetrical fleece sweater is super super cute.
I didn't see it when I made my purchases, but I love the asymmetrical look.

via


I'm going to go ahead and list some books that I've just ordered for my classroom. 
These are young adult books, but they look or are great!

Projekt 1065

This summer I read Prisoner B-3087
It's by the same author and loved it. 
We are reading in literature circles right now in my classroom and Prisoner B-3087 was the top book selection. 
I'm very excited to read Projekt 1065.


Turtles All the Way Down

If you're a John Green fan or have read Paper Towns or The Fault in our Stars, then you will probably like Turtles All the Way Down
Aza is dealing with the death of her father and is trying to find things to take up her time over the summer as her boyfriend is away at camp. 
A former friend's father, who happens to a billionaire goes missing and Aza is determined to find him. 


A Dog's Purpose

Some of my students have been suggesting this book for a long time. 
It was on sale this month, so I snagged it in my cart, and am anticipating reading it and maybe watching the movie.  


Winter Street Series

I've read about how great the Winter Street series is many times. 
Finally, I decided to read them, and they are so good!
I've read Winter Street and Winter Stroll so far and am awaiting Winter Storms
They are Christmasy, cheery, predictable but such a fast read. 


So there we have it. 
Some things I want, need, would love to wear and am wanting to/or have read. 
Can't wait to check out what everyone else has listed!

2 comments:

  1. Those PJs are super cute! I hope they go on sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I love Elin Hilderbrand's Winter Street :) I so agree with buying things when there is a really good deal rather than just hoping they appear under the tree.

    www.ourhomewithhounds.com

    ReplyDelete