Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Tuesday Talk: Hair Treatments

Today is Tuesday Talk!
The third Tuesday of every month Ashley and Erika do a little Tuesday Talk. 


You can blog about whatever you're interested in talking about. 


Today hair treatments are on my mind. 

My hair is au natural!
Back in the day I had a perm, but other than that I've never had highlights or color.

I've always had the mindset of growing my hair out, cutting it, donating it and then repeating the process.

With this I sometimes feel like my hair isn't healthy.
I will got months without getting a haircut.
Usually it's to the point that I can't even comb my hair out when I schedule a haircut.

Since I workout or run daily, I wash my hair daily.
I use shampoo and conditioner every single day, and the water is probably hotter than it should be, but that's my routine.
I seriously could not go a day without washing my hair unless I sat straight up in a chair all day doing nothing.
I'm fine with washing it regularly, but I feel like it could be a little shinier or healthier than it actually is.

My aunt cuts my hair; she's the only person (besides my brother when we were little) to cut my hair.
To be honest, I'm kind of paranoid about someone else ever cutting it, but I think I could venture out and get a hair treatment for shine or something else to help make it healthy and be okay with it.

My aunt's schedule is super busy, and while I could ask for her direction or help, I don't want to bother her, so I'm asking you all.

Have you gotten any hair treatments that really seemed to be worth it?
If so, what did you get?
Hoping for some direction on hair treatments today!

7 comments:

  1. I actually use coconut oil in my hair once a month, glob it on, wrap in towel or shower cap and then blow dry to get some heat, leave on for a half hour or so and wash out! Might take s couple washings to get it all out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ari has a lot of different textures in her hair, and her hair becomes super unmanageable at times. I bought her Suave's Moroccan Oil and it is definitely helping smooth her out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all about really hot water, I always have been. I feel like it does something to my hair to make it more manageable (or maybe it's just all in my head haha).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love hot water too! I'm hoping it starts doing major improvement for me!

      Delete
  4. Coconut Oil and Moroccan Oil have worked wonders on my hair! I put coconut oil on my hair before bed, put my hair up, and sleep in it. I wash it out in the morning and my hair looks so shiny/soft. I usually do this a few times a month. I also use Moroccan Oil daily before drying my hair.

    ReplyDelete