Friday, October 19, 2018

Friday Favorites:Travel, Greenery, Cakes, Teacher Memes

Happy Friday!
It's a Friday Favorites kind of day!


As always, I'm linking up with ErikaNarci and Andrea
We're sharing our favorites from the week.
Grab their graphic and linkup with your favorites from the week, too.

Travel Meme

One of my co-workers sent this to me over the weekend!
I laughed and couldn't agree more!
So many of my friends have either had a baby or are having their second baby.
One co-worker just announced she was pregnant and here I am determining where we will vacation to next year!

Image result for people are having babies and i'm like which country will i visit next

I love children, but I'm just not ready quite yet. 
I don't want to look back and say "Wow, I wish we would have done that!"
Trying to live with no regrets, so that means being an older parent, and coincidentally enough my parents were older parents. 
I'm a-okay with it!

Winter Wreaths/Garland

I'm looking for some outdoor wreaths/garland. 
I've found a few options that I like but still can't decide which one is my favorite.
Take a look and let me know which one is your favorite!


Mountain Meadow


White Berry Cypress


They're all from Balsam Hill.
I've heard of and seen Balsam Hill before, but I was reminded of it yet again while I was watching Hallmark movies over the weekend.
I'm totally open to a different brand, but here's my worry.
I've seen and attempted to buy, even bought other pine products in the past and they show up and look super fake!
I want something that looks real and is of good quality!
If you know another brand that falls into that category, please let me know!!

Snickerdoodle Cupcakes

This was a busy baking week in our kitchen. 
I needed to make two cakes for a church dinner on Wednesday, so I thought why not make something for the 8th grade team meeting that I would be hosting in my room that day as well. 
I ended up with Snickerdoodle cupcakes (from Shay's bundt cake book) for the team meeting because it's much easier to grab something and eat in a school setting than it is to sit and eat with a fork. 


From there I decided to make the same cake recipe but in bundt cake form for church, along with a chocolate cake with chocolate icing. 
It was a busy night baking, but it's always worth it!


Outfit of the Day

It was 31 degrees when I left the house on Thursday. 
It's crazy that a week ago it was in the 80's and I was still wearing sleeveless tops. 
On this morning I wore a jacket and booties for the first time this fall. 
I snapped this picture and sent it to my cousin who bought these cute booties for me. 
They are the brand Thursday, so I had to share that I was wearing my Thursday's on Thursday!


Many of hours and a hot mess later here is the same outfit without the jacket!


Teacher Memes

Every week we have a team meeting in one of the teacher's on our team's room. 
We rotate and each take turns hosting the meeting, which means preparing the agenda, hosting the meeting in your classroom, and running the discussion of the meeting. 
Each week the agenda includes two teacher memes. 
I really loved finding this one earlier in the week. 
It makes me smile and laugh at the same time, and if you're a teacher, you know it's TRUE!


We are looking to have a somewhat rainy weekend, so I think we are going to try to make the most of this evening and get yard work done and enjoy the outdoors. 
I'm hoping to get out all of my winter clothes on Saturday and organize and put away summer clothes. 
I have a pile of essays to grade, and I'm currently off to a professional day of meetings and fun teacher-stuff!
Enjoy!

2 comments: