Monday, October 15, 2018

NYC Days Two-Three: 2018

We had a long day on Saturday in the city, so we opted to stay in bed a bit longer and didn't make it back into Manhattan until around noon. 

If you missed my Day One post, check it out here!

It was noon and we had just eaten breakfast, but we were already hungry, so when we saw an ice cream truck, we were all in!

Enjoying our ice cream on a warm September Sunday in the Financial District!



We meandered around, enjoying the beautiful day and scenery, and then headed up to 42nd Street to hop on the Big Bus for an Upper Central Park tour.

We rode up Eighth Avenue and around Harlem and then down Fifth Avenue. 
We opted to get off at the intersection of 104th Street and Fifth Avenue because we hadn't ever walked the park that far north. 

We got off and found a sanctuary garden. 
It was beautiful, quiet and stunning!



We walked south until we made it to the reservoir. 
We walked around it and then decided to stop and grab a hot dog for a snack.


We just finished our hot dogs and were walking behind the Art Museum, which we hadn't been to before when I looked up and saw three familiar faces.
I'd never seen these faces in real life, so I stopped and looked again, and then when she spoke I knew it was actually them!
Kelly Ripa!
Be still my heart!
At this point Alex had no idea that she was right beside us. 
I didn't want to act like a crazy person, so I waited a bit longer and then said "It's Kelly Ripa and her kids-Joaquin and Lola and their dog-Chewy!"
I'm sure some people would have rushed right up to her, but I didn't have the heart to disturb their Sunday walk through the park. 
Just a family enjoying some family time!


We walked back down through Central Park and then headed to Union Square to meet up with Alex's sister and her boyfriend.
We ate at Max Brenner's Chocolate Shop. 
I had the macaroni and cheese and yummy!


For dessert we tried the tiramisu!


We were going to head back down to lower Manhattan to head back to our hotel since we needed to be up super early the next morning. 
On our way we stopped in SoHo at Georgetown Cupcakes!


The next morning we were up bright and early, just like we were headed to work, only we headed to the Today Show!
We were in a rush and for some reason I didn't bring my wand cover, so I actually forgot my wand at the hotel and we had to swing back by to pick it up on our way home.


We made it, went through metal detectors, got our Today badge and found our spot!


I read that you had more of a chance to meet co-hosts if you stood on the 49th Street side. 
We did just that. 

We got to see Al Roker and shake his hand and then just missed out on Hoda, but we did get to see an interview that she and Savannah did with the founder of a Breast Cancer organization. 

I was standing at the perfect spot to make eye contact with Hoda as they were doing the interview! :)


At the end of the show we went behind Studio 1A to see them inside.
We saw Savannah checking her phone and Hoda waved at us!
What a fast paced job. 
I can't imagine this is life for them every. single. day!




From the Today Show we headed back up to Central Park because it's our favorite area. 
We strolled around and stopped at The Smith to eat. 
It was still breakfast, so I had scrambled eggs, hash browns and some greens. 
We sat outside, and it was all so delicious!


Even though we could have stayed in Central Park forever, we took one last stroll and headed for home!


Central Park will forever be one of my favorite places!
I went there for the first time on a red-eye bus tour when I was a freshman in high school.
I think the first time you ever see the city is the most magical time, but I love going back again and again!
Next year I am excited because I think we might stay in the city!
I'm already narrowing down our hotel search to find the best place for us!



2 comments:

  1. That macaroni and cheese looks amazing! I love NYC...it has been a couple of years since I last visited. I hope to get there soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sanctuary garden is absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete