Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Show and Tell: Favorite Holiday

Happy Show and Tell Tuesday!


Andrea from Momfessionals has a linkup two Tuesday's a month. 

Today's topic is your favorite holiday. 

If you're interested in linking up later on or want to see what the topics were so far this year, check out the graphic below. 




This was no contest at all. 
Christmas is without a doubt my favorite holiday!

I have loved Christmas since I was a little girl. 
My brother would sneak around the house looking for his presents, but I never wanted to find mine, let alone know what I was getting before the morning of December 25. 

Some people, like my mom, find Christmas so stressful. 
Presents to buy, cards to send, house to clean, cookies to bake, food to make. 
The list goes on and on, but I love it!

There's decorating for the season. 
If Alex would allow me, I'd decorate in early November, but he makes me wait until the day after Thanksgiving. 
I love the glitz, glitter, greenery and twinkle lights that the season brings. 









I love baking lots and lots of cookies. 
There's no such thing as having too many cookies, and I enjoy a house that smells like freshly baked cookies!
One of my favorite things to do was bake cookies with my grandma. 
I miss those days but still think of her when I have a dining room table full of cookies!





Christmas shows!
I'm not a fan of TV and rarely watch it, but I love Christmas movies and shows. 
Last year I discovered the Hallmark Christmas movies and loved them!

Family time!
I love Christmas Eve at my grandma's and Christmas morning at my parents. 
These are two long standing traditions that I remember doing every year since I've been born. 




This is also one of the only times of the year that I would get to see our family who lives in NY. 
I was so so excited for their arrival every Christmas. 
I was even willing to ride my bike across time at any time of day or night, no matter the temperature just to see them and spend time with them. 
My heart is so sad that I no longer get to see them each year since my grandma has passed. 
My aunt would always make us play a fun game to enjoy our time together!

Joy!
Christmas radiates joy to me. 
People seem happier, and I feel like the overall mood is upbeat and bright. 
I love the optimism and hope that not only that day represents but that Jesus represents too!

No comments:

Post a Comment