Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Tuesday Talk: Holiday Meals

Today is Tuesday Talk!
The third Tuesday of every month Ashley and Erika do a little Tuesday Talk. 


You can blog about whatever you're interested in talking about. 

Today holiday meals are on my mind. 

I've been planning our Christmas dinner meal since the summer. 
I've tweaked it, adjusted it, deleted some items and added new items many times. 

Now I'm interested in what you all make for Thanksgiving dinner or Christmas dinner. 
Do you have any tried and true recipes that your family requests year after year? 

Last year we hosted our first Christmas dinner and while it was lovely, it was just too much!
We ran here and there all morning and day and then came home to try to make way too many dishes!

Unfortunately, the only images that I got of that meal were the three below. 
Way to busy to snap many pictures.




This year I'm trying to keep it simpler. 
I want to enjoy the day more than dreading all of the work that I have to prepare for dinner. 
Last year I was literally sweating as I ran around the house trying to get everything in place. 

So, this year I'm opting for an easier and more convenient meal. 
As of now, I'm thinking of having a lasagna dinner. 
Lasagna, salad, garlic bread, ham, Lima beans, pie, cookies, etc. 

What do I need to add or eliminate?
What holiday meals are your favorite? 
Any other holiday tips and tricks are greatly appreciated!


2 comments:

  1. I hosted Thanksgiving and Christmas last year and felt the same as you-running everywhere and made way to much food so I’m trying to keep it simple this year too. Is it just me or does no one really eat dessert anymore?! We had all kinds of pies at Thanksgiving and hardly any got eaten so I am planning to get 1 pumpkin pie (at Costco) and then make a few little finger food type desserts that everyone can grab here and there. So far my only tip is to prep as much ahead of time as I can and to keep the few days before Thanksgiving and Christmas as free as possible so I can prep :) Looking forward to hearing other people’s tips and tricks too because I need them! Happy Holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any time I think of holiday food my mind automatically goes to cookies haha! Give me all the cookies!

    ReplyDelete