Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Workin' It: Making Your Home Cozy!

Hey ladies!
It's a Workin' It Wednesday today with Erika and Shay


The second Wednesday of each month these ladies share a new topic. 
If you're interested in the topics so far this year or ones to comes, check out the graphic below.

This month we're sharing: 

How to Make your Home Cozy!


I love a cozy home. 
When I think of a cozy home I think of a fall or winter evening with twinkle lights and dimmed room lights. 

My number one tip when trying to make a home cozy is to dim your lights!
I'm so glad that we put dimmers on a lot of our lights when we redid our house. 
I love having the option of making a room bright and making it dim and cozy. 

We're starting to get into some of my favorite months for a cozy evening at home. 
I would have to say that winter is my favorite, especially when the snow is coming down outside, but for now I will enjoy the twinkle lights and a warm blanket and a dimmed light while reading an interesting book. 

Here are a few pictures of the coziness of our home:


Some during the daytime

Got in some good lesson planning while sitting in my reading chair and covering up with a blanket!

Nighttime twinkle lights!

Some more lights atop the unlit fireplace!

So there's a little look at the coziness of our home.
I love burning a good candle too!
Right now I'm obsessed with the Pumpkin Caramel Swirl from Bath and Body Works. 


3 comments:

  1. We just switched to dimmers in our main living areas and what a difference it makes!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a reading chair too.my daughter and i fight over it lol

    ReplyDelete