Monday, January 29, 2018

2017 Books

Hey all!
Today I'm giving an overview of all of the books that I read in 2017!
I know we've been in 2018 for a month now, but I figured I would wait until the dust of the new year settled before giving a big recap. 
Next week I will share all of my books from January 2018, but for now here's 2017...

January






February


March




April


May



June

 via

 via

 via



July





August






September




October




November







December





37 books for 2017!
I haven't kept track of the amount (actual numbers) of books I've read each year.
Sure, I jot down the titles, but I never looked back to see how many until this year. 

While 37 books is a decent amount since I'm usually busy planning lessons and grading papers, there are months where I wonder what happened. 
Did I get in a reading rut or was life just busy?

This year I'm aiming for an even 40!
40 books in 2018!
Also, next year I hope to name a favorite book of the year in each genre. 
If I had to name an overall favorite for 2017 I would probably pick 

Little Beach Street Bakery

What a feel good, happy go lucky story set during summer in a bakery. 
This book reminds me of summertime!
It was the first book of summer 2017 that I read in my lounge chair by the pool.

So, if you're wishing to be in a lounge chair by the pool, grab this book. 
If you're interested in stories of overcoming, check out the books that I read in July and August. 
Those were all trials of books to use in literature circles in my classroom this year. 
Some made the cut and some didn't. 
I will save that post for another day.

Happy Monday!


1 comment:

  1. I used to be a huge Sarah Dessen fan, but haven't read some of her newer books. I'll have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete