Thursday, January 18, 2018

Girl Chat: Reintroductions

Happy Thursday!
I'm really hoping that by the time you are reading this that I'm back at work/school.
We were let out of school (It was a day full of meetings) early on Friday because of the potential freezing rain/sleet. 
I got home just in time because it indeed did come down as freezing rain!
We then proceeded to get 8 inches of snow on top of that. 
They weren't able to clear the roads and there was still the layer of ice underneath it all, and then it snowed again Monday night another 3 inches. 
So, we have about a foot of snow with a layer of ice underneath. 
Let out early on Friday, the weekend, MLK Jr. Day off, Tuesday and Wednesday off and I'm ready to be a working person again!!


I'm linking up with five sweet ladies to do some reintroduction's. 


Welcome! 
I'm Beth!

27 year-old wife, teach and travel agent. 
I'm an old soul at heart. 
I'm old fashioned in many ways but love to keep up with the latest trends. 





***


My husband, Alex and I were married in the Florida Keys a year and a half ago. 
We wanted a beautiful beach wedding, and we got just that. 
We have enjoyed redoing our home and traveling to new places. 
This summer we are already slated to return to Mexico twice and might even sneak in a cruise before the year is out.


Royal Caribbean Cruise-Bahamas Summer 2016




Mexico Summer 2016

 Carnival Cruise-Bahamas Summer 2017

River Lunch Date Summer 2017

Central Park Fall 2017



***


This is my 6th year teaching 8th grade language arts.
Come on in! 

I graduated with a 6-12 ELA license, and then got my masters degree in Teacher Leadership. 
Even though I'm licensed to teach 6-12, I can't imagine leaving 8th grade. 
I love the crazy hormonal students. 
One minute they are laughing and the next they are crying. 
They keep me on my toes and bring a smile to my face!


***


Last summer I followed my dreams and signed up to be a travel agent. 
With planning my own destination wedding and visiting various new places, I decided I enjoyed the planning stages of travelling. 
The best thing about the host agency that I'm under is that it doesn't cost people more money to use a travel agent. 
The supplier pays that host agency who in turn pays me. 
It's be overwhelming and exciting finding all kinds of new adventures!


***


In my free time I'm typically planning lessons, blogging, cooking, baking, reading, running or gardening. 
I love being outdoors and hate watching television. 
To describe myself in pictures, skim through the ones below.






Thanks so much for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. I still think it's so cool you started your own travel agency! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for linking up with us, Beth!! It was fun getting to learn more about you. Wow, you've definitely had a lot of snow going on over there. I also love all of the travel you do and that you are an agent. That must be fun exploring so many places to travel. Sierra~Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are a teacher and a travel agent. That is really cool. I loved reading about your wedding! I love how much you have traveled as well! Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you have so much fun between your travels, being a teacher, and your new travel agent venture! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wedding photo is beautiful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being a travel agent sounds like it would be so much fun! I hope you got your wish of being able to go back to school today. We are out again tomorrow! I'll be so glad to go back on Monday, after TEN days off.

    ReplyDelete