Friday, January 12, 2018

Friday Favorites: A Dinner Meal, Pair of Pants and Book

Happy Friday!
It's a Friday Favorites kind of day!

This has been a whirlwind of a week.
We had two snow days at the beginning of the week from freezing rain/ice/snow.
Then, it warmed up, all of the snow disappeared, and now it has started raining again, will turn to ice and then snow again!
It's the second week of January, and we only have one more free snow day left! Ahh!


As always, I'm linking up with ErikaNarci and Andrea
We're sharing our favorites from the week.
Grab their graphic and linkup with your favorites from the week, too.

Athleta Pants

I'm so excited that I found a super duper warm pair of running pants. 
In the winter sometimes I wear a base layer pair of leggings and a pair of pants, but I recently found a pair of fleece leggings. 
They are SO warm!


This winter I've been in the need for warm running gear. 
We've already had a week of temperatures starting in the negatives each day. 
I'm loving these Athleta leggings. 
I got them in black for Christmas and recently bought them in gray for only 96 cents!
It's so awesome to be rewarded with rewards money!


Instant Pot

On Monday I shared my first ever Instant Pot recipe!
I was hesitant to start, but it made a delicious meal, so now I'm hooked!

To see how to make taco chicken bowls in your Instant Pot, click here.


I'm hoping to make Instant Pot recipe #2 tonight!

Deebo

If you know me, you know I love the Steelers!
I'm a loyal Steelers fan and can remember cheering for them way back when my dad and brother used to play games on the regular Nintendo. 
Troy Polamalu used to be my favorite Steelers player, but once he retired I grew an appreciation for James Harrison. 

Ironically enough Harrison is from Ohio and even went to Kent State. 
He is a go-getter!
100% all of the time is his kind of game. 
He hadn't gotten much playing time this season, and you could tell that it was wearing on him, but I was shocked when two days before Christmas my dad texted me to tell me the Steelers had released him!

Little did he know that I had purchased Deebo apparel for all of us, along with Steelers tickets for their last game against the Cleveland Browns. 
I was so proud of this gift!
I was hoping it would be my dad's favorite gift ever, but two days before the big day my present was shattered. 

I couldn't let on how upset I was at the time because then dad would know his gift. 
I anxiously waited, hoping the Steelers would resign him, but they didn't. 
To all of our dismay, he became a Patriot!!!

This was painful to see.


And this might be even more painful...no more black and gold. 

While I wish him the best and still admire his talent and workout dedication, I'm saddened that he left the city that made him great. 
I'm disappointed in the stories that have been released about him, and I'm hoping that some sort of positive notion will be taken away from this all. 

It was heartwarming to see this post of his on Instagram yesterday...
 

How We

This week Erika and Shay started a new linkup for 2018.


How We...do goals/resolutions!
We went back to school on Wednesday, so I haven't had a chance to read everyone's posts, but I'm hoping to catch up this weekend.
I love a new year and new slate.
I can't wait to see all of the goals people are hoping to knock out!

Winter Solstice

I started my Monday by sitting in my reading chair, listening to the freezing rain outside and weeping a few tears as I finished this book. 


I don't think of myself as a crier, but I've cried at the end of my two last books.
Auggie and Me last month and now Winter Solstice.

It was probably the most predicted ending to the Winter Street trilogy, but I loved every page of it.
If you're looking for a good cozy read for January, pick up Winter Street, and then get Winter Stroll and next Winter Storms and end with Winter Solstice.
The books are such an easy read.
The pages basically turn themselves.

I love any book that makes me fall in love with their characters.
Kelley, Margaret, Mitzi, Patrick, Jennifer, Kevin, Isabella, Bart and especially Ava started to seem like real life friends.
I loved this series so much and can't wait to read more Elin Hilderbrand books.

Well, another crazy wintry week is through!
We cherished the warm 50 degree days and now are waiting for the snow and negative temperatures once again.
Stay warm, my friends!
Have a fabulously cozy weekend!

5 comments:

  1. I live in TX now, but am from the 'Burgh... & a HUGE Steelers fan as well!
    I read this & it gives me all the warm fuzzies-
    Just seeing Polamalu's name instantly puts the fight song in my head- PO-lam-a-lu... It's Pol-a-malu... PO-lam-a-lu...
    &
    I'm desperate to hear a good 'ole "Here We Go Steelers...Here We Go!!!"
    Sigh-
    Man I miss the excitement in the "Butch this time of year especially!
    THE. BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard so many great things about the Instapot! I have been debating on whether or not I really need one, but I may be convinced now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Warm leggings for $.96?!? That's amazing! I'm super impressed you're running outside in these freezing temps! Also, so glad you posted that book! I love some Elin Hildebrand and haven't seen that one yet! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am obsessed with fleece leggings! I have a pair of micro fleece and oh my they are the best!

    ReplyDelete