Monday, January 1, 2018

2018 Goals

Happy, Happy New Year!


I can't believe that another year has come and gone.
I've been reminiscing all of our New Years' trips.

New York City
 Times Square-6 blocks away!



Niagara Falls



Yesterday we were supposed to enjoy a new experience at our favorite football field-Heinz Field.
Unfortunately, my dad got the sickness that is going around and has ended up with what probably is bronchitis from my mom.
We didn't think it would be a good idea for him to sit outside in 10 degree weather to watch a football game, so we cancelled.

Today I have a few goals for the new year.

Last year I had these goals...


I think I could report back and say that I did a pretty good job with these goals. 
It's always so hard to find fresh fruits and vegetables in the winter, but I made the most of it. 

We hit our super savings goal head on and are completely out of debt 100%!!
No payments for anything-let's keep it that way!

I've enjoyed the sweet, simple days of being 26/27. 
I'm sure in the coming years those days won't be so quiet, but I'm currently enjoying this simple view of snow coming down outside as I listen to HGTV in the living room. 

It's warm, cozy and quiet as I type this....and I know that won't always be the case.


So on to this year...
This year my goals are more specific...


1. Promote my travel agency

Last summer I made the decision to start my own little travel agency through a host agency.
I love travelling and after planning my own destination wedding, I thought I would dabble in the travel business.
I'm not a good one for asking people to buy anything.
I think it's a personal decision and don't want to twist anyone's arm to do anything, but I feel travelling is a personal decision and who doesn't love to escape reality?
I'm making a conscientious effort to promote my travel agency daily.
My goal is to make at least one social media post per day.

2. Register and complete 4 Master's classes

Only 4 master's classes are between me and the top tier of the education system.
I currently have my Master's plus 15 additional credit hours, but I'm determined to reach the finish line in 2018.
I guess it's a good thing that I became an educator because I actually enjoy taking some additional classes.
Master's degree plus 30 additional credit hours is as high as you can go.
I want to get all of my hours taken care of before we decide to have little ones. 

3. Build a garage, buy Alex a new vehicle and purchase an SUV

We have some major purchases that we've been planning for a couple years.
Some of them we thought we would have before now, so this is the year we will cross them off of our list.
1. Build a garage.
We are currently garageless and Alex wants/needs a garage very bad.
He's great at fixing things but doesn't currently have the space to do it.

2. Buy a new automatic vehicle for Alex
Alex currently drives a manual.
We want to upgrade him to an automatic car because he deserves to drive without shifting and so that I could use the vehicle as well.
I don't have the manual skills that he does, so I opt to just driving my own car.

3. We have dreamed about having a large SUV that will fit a lot of our friends, so that we can go on road trips together.
We are hoping this will be the year that we pull the plug and go for it!
I'm hoping to be able to report back after a road trip with an SUV full of friends!

 These three goals are BIG goals.
They are specific and to the point, but they are things that we/I are really aiming for.
As sad as I am about the years passing by so quickly, I'm ready and determined to make 2018 great!


1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry your dad got sick! I hope he is feeling better. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete