Friday, September 28, 2018

Friday Favorites: It's Fair Break!

Hello, Friday that almost seems like Saturday!
It's the start of Fair Break at our school, so we have a day full of meetings and then get two days off!
Yes, we get off for the county fair because we have SO many kids who show there!
It's three days for them, but a lot of them will take off the whole week!
This week has been a busy one, so I'm so excited for more time at home and a fun getaway in the books!



As always, I'm linking up with ErikaNarci and Andrea
We're sharing our favorites from the week.
Grab their graphic and linkup with your favorites from the week, too.

Fall Decor

I was finally able to get my fall decor out last weekend!
I'm a couple weeks late, but it's better late than never!
I'm hoping to get a fall decor post up next week, but here's a sneak peek in the meantime!

No Power

I woke up Tuesday morning and felt a little off.
My alarm goes off at 4 am, so it's typically dark but not as dark as it was on Tuesday.
At first I double checked my phone because I thought maybe I woke up and it really wasn't time to get up.
Sometimes I will wake up at 12 or 1 and think it's time to get up.
Does anyone else do that?!
I then realized that it was pitch black in our house, and I could hear our neighbor's generator.
We didn't have any electricity, so I went around turning on all of our battery operated candles.


I opened the blinds to look out and see if I could see anything else...nope..nothing!

I was living my inner Amish life!
Luckily, I washed and dried my hair the night before, so I only needed to curl it.
My parents have a whole house generator, but I didn't want to scare them at the wee morning hours!
I decided to leave a bit earlier than normal and just curl my hair at school.
In the meantime, my dad woke up, realized they didn't have power either and texted me that I could come do my hair.
I opted for the middle school girls bathroom!!


All done by 6 am and ready to get back to my classroom and plan away!


Spice Cake

My mom had a big birthday over the weekend!
I made her her favorite type of cake-spice.
This was a new recipe, and I was a bit skeptical of it, but it turned out fantastic. 
So light and yummy!
Spice cake with a caramel icing coming to the blog next week!


I'm really ready for a relaxing yet fun weekend.
We have a fun getaway planned.
I'm hoping we have an enjoyable time in the city and can make it back home in time to enjoy the start of next week from the comfort of my own little home!
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. AHHH to no power. I laughed at the "my inner amish girl." Hahaha! That spice cake, YUM! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete