Friday, January 6, 2017

Friday Favorites: After the Holidays

Today I'm linking up with Erika, Narci and Andrea for some Friday Favorites. 
I really enjoy these super random posts each week. 
All you need to do is share some of your favorites from the week.


 Time Off/Routine

As much as I enjoy time off, I love getting back into a routine. 
Some schools got 2 whole weeks off, and I'm not sure what I would have done if that was us. 
We got a 1.5 weeks off and that was enough for me. 
I've cleaned practically every room in my house multiple times, and I was just ready to get back to it.

 New planners

I'm a bit of an over-planner and organizer. 
I love the new year for the freshness that it brings and new planners. 
This year I ended up with two new planners. 



I'd had my eye on the Life Planner by Erin Condren for a while, but I didn't want to splurge. 
Well, with the sale before Christmas and my Discover rewards, I really wasn't going to "pay" anything for it. 
So, I jumped right in. 
It really was so easy to design. 
I literally kept going back to the home screen and creating another planner and adding it to my cart because I thought I was missing out on steps. 

The second planner I received as a gift. 
My aunt got me this Living Well planner last year.
I absolutely loved it with keeping track of finances and wedding deadlines.
Little did I know that she would get me it again this year.

So, I have two planners and have uses for them both.
Come back next Monday to see how I'm using them. 

 New Blogging Schedule

On my final Friday Favorites of 2016 I mentioned that I would only be blogging on Monday, Wednesday's and Friday's in the new year. 
I was getting too bogged down with posts and missing out on regular life because of it. 
That wasn't my intention, so I decided to be more intentional about my blogging schedule. 
I've loved blogging three days this week. 
One- I like that I've set those days in stone because I'm just a planner and don't like doing things on the fly. 
Two-I've enjoyed blogging on those 3 days more than I had when I was doing five. 
Three-I feel like I can put more energy into those 3 days than I could when I was spreading it to five. 

New Years Goals

I absolutely love goals! 
I have loved reading all about other people's intentions for this year. 
My students crack me up and keep saying "New Year, New You."
I think that statement has been overused if you would ask them. 
On a completely serious note, I love all of the optimism. 
I've even seen a few new runners in my town. 
If you know me, I love runners!!
There's something about a new year that just makes everything seem more reachable. 
Here's to hoping you've stuck with whatever goal/intention or resolution you set!

I hope you all are enjoying a fresh start to 2017.
Have a great weekend!


12 comments:

  1. I run one quarter of the year - December through February to do a 5K and then take a vacation the other 75% of the year! Hope your first week back to school was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!! I hope you had an easy week back to school as well!

      Delete
  2. We got 2 weeks off and I felt like I needed more! I feel like the summer break is too long for me but Christmas break isn't long enough!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, sometimes I think it's too long and sometimes not long enough. And then we went and had a snow day today. Thankful though for a job with nice breaks and spontaneous ones as well!

      Delete
  3. I love that you have two planners. I was trying to find a way to justify another one. ;) And I too am trying to only post on Mon, Wed, & Fridays. I wanted a schedule, and knew that 5 days would be too much, and my content wouldn't be as good. I'm trying to be better about writing my posts out in advance so I'm not scrambling the night before to put something together. We'll see how it goes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes!! Me too! I'm loving not scrambling the night before!! Hoping you find success with your new intentions!!!

      Delete
  4. Let me just say I like a schedule and things being pretty much running along as planned. I was ready for school to start back! Blogging is a very busy hobby to have and it takes a lot of our time - way to go on setting limits! Wishing you a wonderful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of those planners are beautiful! I'm not really sure what I would do without my LifePlanner. And I'm so glad the three posts is working for you! I dropped down to two and it's working well for me so far too. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had about the same amount of time as you this year and thought it went by way to fast. I am grateful to have a long weekend this month though. We also had inside recess this week because of frigid temps (below 0), but my kiddos did so good. I have also loved reading everyone's goals and resolutions this week. I love your Life Planner. This was my first time getting one as well and have liked having everything planned out. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so excited to start a new planner too, and to get back in a routine! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your blogging schedule! The Erin Condren planners are the best, you won't be disappointed!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am with you about getting back into a routine! I had an EC planner one year, but honestly it was a bit too bulky and too expensive. Now I get an 18-month planner from Target for $10. Ha! Works just the same. :)

    ReplyDelete