Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Christmas Getaways

The title might seem a bit puzzling, but I love planning ahead. 
My husband and I have a big goal to hit. 
If we hit it by the end of the year, we are going to celebrate someplace warm and fun!

I need YOUR help in planning. 
Since I'm definitely type A and love to have things organized and planned out ahead of time, I've been working on planning out ideas for where we might want to go. 

Last summer we got married in Marathon, Florida
We enjoyed our time at the Courtyard Marriott
 I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful place to get married!

 We enjoyed Marathon and the Keys and then set sail on our first cruise...

Royal Caribbean treated us well!
We didn't love Nassau, but we're actually going back here in a few months. 
CocoCay was gorgeous!
 And our last stop was again at Key West...just miles away from where we said "I Do!"


We rounded out the summer in Mexico with friends!
 Secret Silversands had the best sports and entertainment team!
They made the days fun and fly by. 
Unfortunately, the beach was rocky and full of seaweed, so we spent our time by the pools!


This summer we are ready to set sail on another cruise to Nassau, Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk. 

Have you been to any of those ports?
If so, comment below on what you loved or hated about them. 
I'm in the process of booking excursions and other fun things. 
Last time we booked with Royal Caribbean; however, this time we're on Carnival because our Norwegian trip got changed to Cuba, and I'm not sure that they have the clear blue water and white sandy beaches that we're looking for. 
We will even get to celebrate our first anniversary on the cruise!

In addition, our hope is that we will get to round out our year someplace warm. 
We're thinking of going on a 4-5 night getaway to Mexico, the Dominican Republic, St. Lucia, etc. 
I need your help. 
Where would you suggest we go?
It would be right after Christmas through the new year. 
There are SO many resorts that I thought I'd gather some feedback from those who have gone to different resorts in warm, sunny, tropical places. 
Would you return?
Do you have other suggestions!
Even if you haven't been, do you know someone who has or have you heard good things about a certain place?
I'm all ears today!
Thanks so much for your help!


13 comments:

  1. Our cruise stopped at Nassau last summer and we took a taxi to Atlantis and spent the whole day there! Totally worth the money, but make sure you buy your Atlantis pass at the hotel and not on the cruise ship. I wasn't a fan of the beaches at Atlantis because they allowed locals to walk up to you trying to sell stuff, but the pools were amazing and so was the lazy river! We definitely want to go back and just stay at Atlantis!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been debating about Atlantis. I hear it's fun, but it seems a bit pricey, so I wanted to make sure it would be worth it!

      Delete
  2. I've been to the Dominic Republic before, but I have heard that St. Lucia is a lot better. I thought Punta Cana was nice, but nothing too spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Dominican Republic sounds awesome!! I've always wanted to go to St. Lucia after seeing it as a destination on the Bachelor!

      Delete
  3. I went to Nassau in high school, and I was not wowed at all, even as a teenager. We went to Atlantis for a day, and it was okay, but like Sarah said, the beaches weren't great. Lots of friends have been to Dominican and have enjoyed it. Have fun no matter where you go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Atlantis seems fun, but I'm not sure it's in our price range. Perhaps one day when we have kids we'd get more out of it. The Dominican Republic is someplace we've never been and sounds fun!

      Delete
  4. We are headed to Jamaica the end of April. I'll let you know what I think once I get back. I know my parents loved St. Thomas. I can't wait to hear where else you decide to go, and I love that you guys are able to travel a lot. How fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how fun!!!!! If we weren't moving this summer we would definitely be going on vacation somewhere but the Army had other plans haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are going to have the best trip. I love how far ahead you plan for your trips!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We went to the Dominican Republic last year. We stayed at Excellence and it was spectacular. Have you considered Bermuda? It's not Caribbean but it's the most beautiful island we have ever been to, and so clean, and everyone is so nice, and there is so much to do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went to Half Moon Cay the past two Decembers! I absolutely loved it! Our ship was the only one there both times, so we could just lay out and hang out in the ocean! We also did an excursion one year where we rode horses land and sea! So awesome, and you get to see a different part of the island!

    ReplyDelete