Friday, April 7, 2017

Friday Favorites: Passport, Jackets and PB Pie

Hooray for Friday!
I was really needing a Friday, so I'm so glad that it's here. 
All week I was one day off, but alas it's our Friday Favorites!
Today I'm linking up with ErikaNarci and Andrea
We're sharing our favorites from the week.
Grab their graphic and linkup with your favorites from the week.

Passport


My updated passport came this week.
I wish I would have known that I could have updated my passport with my new last name within one year of getting my original passport for FREE!!
Unfortunately, I didn't know that, so I applied for a new one, and it just arrived.
I like my picture in this one much better because they actually let me smile a little. 

Spring Jackets

Last week I mentioned a sale going on at Old Navy. 

I went ahead and got the jacket pictured below and love it. 
It fits just right. 

I was a bit leery, but I got the one below too. 
I really was afraid this jacket wouldn't work out, and it didn't!
The jacket is too big, but the sleeves are too short. 
It will be going back.

Run Far Girl

RUNNING ISN’T EASY. IT’S AN INVITATION INTO AN UNCOMFORTABLE PLACE FILLED WITH DOUBT, DIFFICULTY AND STRUGGLE. WHEN WE ACCEPT THAT INVITATION, WE FIND WITHIN OURSELVES TRUTH, STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE.

The quote above spoke to me a lot recently. 
I was very inspired and intrigued by a post that Sarah from Run Far Girl posted that I went to check out her blog. 
I can't believe I hadn't been looking at it all along. 

Running has always spoke to my heart. 
It's my outlet when times are tough and motivator to make myself better. 
The run definitely isn't always easy, but it's so worth it. 
I've gained so much by becoming a runner. 

Simple and Easy Peanut Butter Pie

On Monday I shared my mom's Simple and Easy Peanut Butter Pie. 
It's delicious, yet only takes a few simple steps. 
If you're looking for a quick dessert, click here




Plant Update

My geraniums are now looking like this!!
I've transplanted them, and they seem to be pretty healthy.
Now, if only my impatiens would grow a bit. 
I think there was too much moisture in my little greenhouse that it was deterring some plants from growing. 
I'm cutting back on watering and allow more circulation to the plants to try to get them to grow more. 

It's supposed to snow today. 
Not a lot, but an inch or so. 
Then, on Sunday it's supposed to be 70!!
Only three more days with students and then a little professional development and a much needed break. 
Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I really need to get an updated passport, I've been putting it off for far too long. Thanks for the reminder! :) have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still haven't planned our weekend baking project, but your pie is calling my name! Love the blue jacket! Hang in there for a few more days- you can do it!

    ReplyDelete