Friday, April 28, 2017

Friday Favorites: Weekly Schedule, Early Mornings, Hi Sugarplum!

Cheers for Friday!
A regular week after a long week seems to drag by.
I'm so happy to see Friday.
Only a few more hours until the weekend!

As always, I'm linking up with ErikaNarci and Andrea
We're sharing our favorites from the week.
Grab their graphic and linkup with your favorites from the week, too.

Adventure Books for Younger Readers

So I'm going to go ahead and list this book as one of my favorites from the week. 
My classes are doing a 40 Book Challenge, and I needed one more book from the past. 
These books can range from pictures books to books that I should have read a year ago. 
I went to our local library over Easter break and found this book-Chasing the Falconers: On the Run
It's a super easy read and only took me a day or so of just reading in class during our 15 minutes of silent reading. 
It's a great adventure book, and I now want to read the other 5 in the series. 
Lucky me, I already had this series in my classroom library but haven't read them yet. 


Weekly Schedule

On Monday I shared my weekly schedule. 
I like to think that it begins on Thursday and ends on Wednesday. 

A little bit of cleaning.

Some laundry. 


And meal planning.


This week I'm a bit out of the loop as I didn't go shopping last night, but there really wasn't anything we needed. 
So we may wait another week or I may stop by for a few things over the weekend. 
If you didn't see my post, click here

Early Mornings

It's no secret that I'm an early morning lover!
I'm loving this time of year when I hear the birds chirping before my 4:15 alarm even goes off.

I love getting to school and getting my room all set up. 
On this particular day we were working on The Great American Mail Race project. 
I had a ton of reminders/directions to write on the board. 

I wrote and wrote and wrote and then looked at the clock, and it was only 6:20.
I texted Alex and showed him how productive my day had been by only 6:20!!



Just sitting at my computer grading and planning for the day!




Poetry Month

Did you know it's National Poetry Month. 
All month long we have read a poem a day in class. 
I saved some of the most elusive poems for this week. 

The students groan and complain the first couple of days, and then I secretly think that they like it. 
We've watched stand-up poetry and read common and uncommon poems. 

Here's a little peak at one of our poems yesterday. 
The students just laughed and really couldn't believe that it was a poem.




Hi Sugarplum Blog

So, I've followed Cassie Sugarplum on Instagram for some time, but recently I've really been loving her Dressing Room Diaries. She blogs about and shows Instagram stories about her latest and greatest finds. I love how down to earth, optimistic and cute she is!


She even brings along her mom, who looks just as cute in all of the outfits. 


Find her blog here.

I came home to a package from Athleta yesterday.
I haven't had the chance to try them on, but I have 5 swimsuit bottoms waiting for me.
I'll report back on those next week.
Any other great ideas for swimsuit bottoms.
I want cute, yet full coverage!

Have a great last Friday in April!
Enjoy your weekend!

4 comments:

  1. OMG! I can't believe how much you do by 6:30 am! I used to have my students write haikus about historical events because of a famous historian who does it on his Twitter each day. It's pretty cool to see the kids write them. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love early mornings too! I always feel the most productive during that time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for including me in your Favorites!! I'm so flattered! And in shock over your early wake-up time!! Girl, you crazy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! Thanks so much for stopping by! Can't wait for another Dressing Room Diaries!! :)

      Delete