Wednesday, September 27, 2017

What's Up Wednesday: It's Almost October!!

Happy What's Up Wednesday!



At the end of each month MelShay and Sheaffer share 
What's Up Wednesday!!!
We answer a series of questions and one extra one special to that month.
I can't believe another month has come and gone.
Before you know it, it will be the end of the year.

This month we're answering...

What TV show are you most excited about this fall?



What we're eating this week:

It is HOT, HOT, HOT here this week!

We've had chicken, pizza and are slated to have some kielbasa and grilled chicken salads later this week. 
Alex is boycotting anything cooked in the kitchen, so it's the grill or take out.

What I'm reminiscing about:

It's still the beginning of the school year, but we are back in the swing of things now.
Routines have been set, and I've gotten a chance to really get to know my students.
At the beginning of each year I think "Wow we have a lot of work to do!"
This year is no exception.

I love to see how far the students have come from the beginning of 8th grade to the end.
Right now I'm trying to be patient and really teach some basic skills to my new group of students.
They're already making great strides, and I am hoping that by the end of the year they will be another group of mature, responsible 8th graders!

What I'm loving:

The leaves are already starting to turn here.
I think they are actually turning a bit earlier than normal.
I've been enjoying the beautiful pops of red, orange and yellow on the trees.
Now I just can't wait until I get to wear a scarf and see those pops of color!

What we've been up to:

Last weekend Alex and I took a little day trip to have lunch by the river. 






We arrived at this little college town, walked around, ate by the river, got some dessert and a fresh bouquet of flowers for my mama's birthday!


What I'm dreading:

The thing I'm dreading right now may seem a bit funny, but it couldn't be more true.
We live in a very rural area, and I head to work when it's still super dark.
The deer have started running, and I'm really dreading the next two months when my 40 minute drive to work is spent scanning the sides of the road for these running creatures.

Last week I already saw one deer just waiting on the right side of the road ready to dart across.
There have been more and more animals hit on the road, so I need to remind myself to slow down and really watch in the common areas where I know there are typically deer crossing.

What I'm working on:

I can't wait to launch my little travel agency business next week.
I've been working on business needs and getting everything set and ready to go.

I will still continue teaching, but I love love love helping people travel.
It's so fun and exciting to me, and I want to help take the stress away from other people.

What I'm excited about:

This month is going to be super busy!
I'm excited for:

-Fair Break-
We get two days off of school because so many of our students take animals to the fair.
Go ahead and laugh. If you're from the city, then you are definitely going to think I'm crazy!
Beyond the two days off, we will still have some kids who won't come to school all week.
I'm hoping that's not the case because it's really hard to get things done when you have half of your class!

-Fall Trip to NYC-
Ever since Alex and I got engaged in Central Park a couple of years ago, we have returned to enjoy another weekend in the city.
This year is no exception, except we actually get an extended time in the city.
I'm so excited for everything that we have planned!
Crossing items off of our my Bucket List!

-8th Grade DC Trip-
Each fall our 8th graders take a trip to our nation's capital.
At first the trip is a blast; it's so great to see all of the monuments again, but after two straight days with them, the excitement starts to wear off.
Here's to hoping that the students will be responsible and good listeners!

What I'm watching/reading:

Next week will be my Book Review from August and September.

I Am Malala

One of Us is Lying

Alex and Eliza 

will all be on my list to share.


What I'm listening to:

All week long I'm listening to the chatter, whisper and shouts of 7th and 8th graders. 
This is one time of the year where I simply enjoy any quiet time. 
7th and 8th graders LOVE to talk, so there's no lack of listening there.

What I'm wearing:

At the beginning of the month I was pulling out some fall gear like my military jacket, gray jeans and white tee. 

Along with my blush jeans and lots of black cardigans.


Then, we got a pop of summer again, so I started wearing bright colors, dresses
and sleeveless tops again!

Here's my Friday look at school. 
We have cool match Reading shirts, even though I don't know the reference.  



I've also been loving these slip on shoes in black. 
I have them in a neutral cream, but these went great with my black and white theme on Friday!

What I'm doing this weekend:

This weekend we will be visiting the Big Apple!
Hello, Manhattan, the Today Show, Live With Kelly and Megyn Kelly!

What I'm looking forward to next month:

I'm looking forward to all of the travelling that I will get to do in October!

What else is new:

It's the beginning of the school year, so there's not much time for anything else beside planning, grading and going to school.

What TV show are you most excited about this fall?:

I'm the wrong person to ask this question.
I don't watch TV like ever.
The only time I enjoy some TV time is watching the 5 o'clock news on some mornings or watching the Steelers play.
Otherwise, you might as well count me out.
The TV show I wish I was watching every week is Fixer Upper.
I'm so sad that they announced this will be the last season, and I also wish I could stay awake late enough to catch their weekly show.

Happy Last Couple Days of September!
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. The leaves are starting to turn here and I'm so excited! It was only 64 degrees today and it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lunch by the river looks so pretty. And I can't wait to hear all about your trip to NYC. I went in high school and have been dying to go back since.

    ReplyDelete