Friday, September 8, 2017

Friday Favorites: Chuy's Dip, Fall Shoes, Fall Candles

Hello there Friday!
It was a short week, and sometimes short weeks seem so much longer than a regular week, especially when you snagged a cold.
I'm so glad that it's Friday and am looking forward to two days off!
As always, I'm linking up with ErikaNarci and Andrea
We're sharing our favorites from the week.
Grab their graphic and linkup with your favorites from the week, too.

Chuy's Dip

On Saturday Alex and I went to Columbus to do some shopping and eat out. 
We had something else planned, but the one and only day of rain that we got from Hurricane Harvey decided to show up on the day that we had outside plans, so we quickly changed plans and decided to do some shopping instead. 

Over the summer my great aunt and uncle took us to Chuy's in Tennessee. 
We ate on the patio and loved the unique decor and our meals so much. 
The chips were phenomenal, and we almost bought some to bring home with us.

I was stoked when I found out that there was a Chuy's in Ohio. 
I was browsing for a restaurant on our drive to Columbus when I found Chuy's. 

It was delicious yet again, and we got a bag of chips and their creamy jalapeno dip to bring home!!


I'm not even sure what the dip consists of, and I normally hate anything hot (like jalapenos), but I love this dip!
I savored every last drop throughout the week. 

Fall Shoes

I snagged some slide in shoes on Saturday.
I have tons of tennis shoes and dress shoes, but I was lacking in the casual shoes department.

I haven't had a new pair of Sperry's in a long time.
Mine are so beat up that I no longer wear them.
I was instantly draw to this oatmeal color.

via

I was also looking for a pair of black shoes.
I thought I might like these Steve Madden ones.
I've been seeing a lot of people buying them; however, they didn't fit my feet.
There was a huge gap on the side of my foot, so I went back to my favorites that I already have.

via

This time I got the Ralph Lauren Janis Sneakers in the Black Faux Straw.
I can wear these shoes all day teaching and my feet don't hurt.
I really need good shoes.
I refuse to even wear Nike's now because they don't have the right support for my feet.
My feet end up hurting by the end of the day if I'm not picky with my shoes.

via

I'm so glad to have two new pair of slide in shoes for fall!

Candles

Saturday morning I was browsing through my emails when I saw that Bath and Body Works was selling their large candles for $12.50.
We didn't exactly need more candles, but I felt like we would end up with more by the end of the day. 


I was right. 
We ended up with four new lovely smelling candles. 
Two fall scents and two fresh, clean, slightly tropical scents.

New Bed Covering

I've been thinking and looking for a new duvet for our bed. 
The one we have now is great for winter, but it's too hot for the summer. 

I found this one at Macy's. 
I think I would have rather had more of a gray color, but it was on clearance and the type and style I was looking for, so we bought it. 

I think if it doesn't match enough in our bedroom, it will go to the spare bedroom. 



Last weekend was a great weekend for shopping. 
This weekend is going to be a great one for recuperating. 
The weather is so much cooler now, and we've been glued to the news to watch Hurricane Irma. 
Hoping this hurricane takes the best possible route for the least destruction. 
Have a great weekend!
I hope you get lots of rest and relaxation!

3 comments:

  1. Chuy's is a Texas staple- my mom makes a copycat version of the green sauce. I'm pretty sure this is the same: http://www.copykat.com/2014/08/24/chuys-creamy-jalapeno-dip/

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of those shoes are super cute! I'm on the hunt for a new pair of TOMS for fall. Hopefully I can find something I like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to go to Chuy's now to get some of that dip! Yum!

    ReplyDelete