Friday, September 22, 2017

Friday Favorites: Lilly Pulitzer Sale Items, Booties, Summer Flowers

Hello there Friday!
I'm in need of a Friday right about now.
School has really been kicking my behind this week.
Thank goodness for Friday and some short weeks in the near future!
As always, I'm linking up with ErikaNarci and Andrea
We're sharing our favorites from the week.
Grab their graphic and linkup with your favorites from the week, too.

Lilly Pulitzer Sale Items

I participated in the Lilly Pulitzer Semi-Annual sale for the first time ever. 
The sale goes live at 8 am; however, at that time I'm teaching a class. 
So, I didn't get to browse the sale until about 4 pm. 
I was so happy to find a lot of the items still in stock!

Alex was actually kind enough to quickly join the wait when he got home. 
So, actually, by the time I got home we were in to shop. 
I tried on a pair of Lilly shorts at Marshall's in the summer, and they were too big, so thankfully I had that sizing reference. 
Even though I love the shorts, I didn't order any because I was afraid they wouldn't fit (too big).
Instead I stocked up on dresses. 


A couple weeks later we were able to stop at a Lilly store and I was correct in my prediction on the shorts. 
All of their shorts are too big. 
What a bummer-they suggested I try on girls, but I opted not. 
I'm very please with the fit of all of my dresses.
I got so many compliments at school. 
I'm usually choose gray or black tops, so everyone was so surprised to see me in this dress!

 I can't wait for the next sale in January!

Booties

I love a good deal and clothes and shoes.
I couldn't keep myself from buying some more booties the other week.
They were on sale at Nordstrom's and were one of my favorite brands, so I ordered two pairs.

These ones they didn't have in stock in a 7, and I read the reviews and people were saying they ran small, so I ordered a 7.5.
I'm still not sure if they will work.
They fit but aren't really snug, and I feel that a more snug pair would work better for the height of these booties.
I've been stocking them online, as they now are on super sale and to see if they have my real size.


via


I've been wanting a pair of black booties for a while now.
I'm a Lucky shoe fan.
They seem to fit tight and are comfortable.
When I'm teaching all day and come home to run or workout I need shoes that are comfy.
When I saw these ones that had been on my "Like" list on sale I took the plunge and ordered them too.

via





Fall Festival

Over the weekend my mom invited me to go to a nearby fall festival. 
It's located at an outdoor park, so we walked around the vendors and had some great food. 
All of the desserts looked amazing!!
Apple Fritters caught my eye, so we indulged. 
I had a picture of the fried goodness topped with tons of powdered sugar, but I think it accidentally got deleted. 

Goodbye Flowers

This has been a summer favorite!
I enjoyed once again growing some of my flowers from seed, watching them sprout and then thrive during the summer months. 
I'm so sad to see them go, but I'm enjoying every last warm, sunny day with them!




These beautiful geraniums were sown in seed in January while I was watching the Steelers play!
Some nine months later in September I'm watching the Steelers play and enjoying them outside of my living room windows!


Alex saw one hummer this week. 
I filled up my feeders for what I believe will be the last time. 
They sure are neat little creatures, and I will miss their beauty over the winter months. 

I've already had to pull up these impatiens grown from seed. 
I know it hasn't frosted yet, even though it has been in the 40's on some mornings, but my impatiens died quick. 
All of the blooms fell off, and I was left with bare stems. 


My calibrochoa are starting to turn for the worst. 
These are my favorite flowers ever!
I love the peach color too!



 This was my first hanging basket. 
It suddenly started to turn one week and by two weeks later it was nearly completely dead.

 I found a replacement for hanging basket #1 and now have hanging basket #2
It sure was beautiful but is also starting to fade away.



Summer Like Weather


Guys, it was so cold that we had to put the winter blanket on our bed and turn on the furnace a couple weeks ago. 
This week did a 180, and now we could have the air conditioning on. 
It has been in the 80's and could even hit 90 this weekend. 

I'm loving the summer weather, but boy do I need a haircut. 
My hair doesn't love the humidity. 

All of this sunshine and warm weather has me reminiscing about summer pool days. 
It's too bad that most pools in our area are now closed.


Here's to hoping you have a great weekend!
Next week we have a field trip and the students are off on Friday!
The teachers get a professional day, and then it's Fair Break!
Woohoo!

1 comment: