Friday, September 15, 2017

Friday Favorites: Framed Recipes, Maximizing Productivity, Peach Pie

Happy Friday!
Another week down and on to another weekend!
I'm battling some cold/ear infection. 
I've felt like an older person for over a week. 
I'm really struggling with hearing my students, and I actually have to turn my ears towards them to sometimes hear them. 
I'm hoping I will get lots more rest this weekend to back to my A game come Monday.
As always, I'm linking up with ErikaNarci and Andrea
We're sharing our favorites from the week.
Grab their graphic and linkup with your favorites from the week, too.

Framed Recipes

Back in the summer I went to get two of my grandma's recipes framed. 
I thought it would be neat to see them hanging on the walls of her own house since Alex and I bought her home and now have made it our home. 

These recipes actually came from her favorite recipe book. 
It really wasn't much of a book anymore, as it used to be a simple notebook where she started writing down her favorite recipes. 
That book was used over and over and over again. 

It was actually falling apart, and I decided I would like to preserve at least two of the recipes. 

The first one is her most famous Chocolate Chip Cookies. 
She used to say "I wish I had a nickel for every batch of chocolate chip cookies I made."
She grew up as one of about 9 or 10. 
Her family took in a couple of kids as their own, along with her already 7 siblings. 

This recipe is so tattered and loved. 
You can barely read it anymore, but it is one of my favorites.


 The second recipe is for Butterscotch Pies. 
My grandma had a best friend named Ruthie. 
Ruthie didn't have any family in our town nor did she ever have children. 
She was a small feisty lady and was basically a third grandma to me. 
She was married and widowed several times and was a down right go-getter!

Ruthie used to invite my entire family (grandma's, grandpa, aunts, uncles, mom, dad, cousins, etc.) over for Christmas dinner. 
It was the BEST!
She was a phenomenal cook and always would make pies for desserts. 
Usually she made lemon and butterscotch. 
I'm not even a fan of butterscotch, but it reminds me so much of her. 


I love walking by these recipes and thinking of two of my favorite people!



Maximize Productivity

I follow several amazing teachers. 
I love to see and read about what they're doing in the classroom. 
Catlin Tucker is a great techno-teacher who is using the latest and greatest technology in the classroom.

I read an article that she posted about how to maximize productivity and loved it. 
This graphic is so true. 
Everything needs to have a time and a place.
You can read more of the article here.



Peach Pie

Earlier in the week I shared my amazing peach pie recipe. 
It's so simple but so yummy!
If you love peaches like I do and want to make it too, click here



I'm contemplating right now whether I have enough peaches left to make one more pie. 

Last weekend I also made two batches of Allie's Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars.
So, so simple, ladies!
I made a batch for Alex and I on Friday night. 
They were so easy that I made another batch before 7 am on Saturday for our church bake sale. 
I love the easy yet delicious recipes that Allie shares every Thursday!



Porch Steps 

Last weekend our porch stairs got a little DIY makeover. 
Alex and I love home projects. 
We're just really not good at sitting still. 
We started our repainting the railing, and then ended up at Lowe's buying paint for the front porch step. 

I wish I would have gotten a picture of the before. 
It basically looked like regular cement. 
The old paint was so worn that you really didn't even know there was ever paint there. 

I spent a couple hours lying down with a couple paintbrushes, and then voila!



Soon enough I should share how we remodeled our house. 
We loved it, and thought it would never get finished, and now we sit down and look at each other and think "what could we do next?"

Our projects are very limited now, but we're always up to something. 
This weekend is another college football weekend, so I'm sure we will have some visitors for that. 
I'm more excited about the little shopping trip my mom and I have and for the Steelers playing on Sunday!

Have a great one!



5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that you had those recipes framed! I know it has to be so special having those in your home and being reminded of so many wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of framing the recipes! What a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those framed recipes are so precious! What a wonderful keepsake that serves as great decor, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those framed recipes! I always wanted to make tea towels with my Nana's recipes on them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those framed recipes are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete