Monday, January 7, 2019

Goals 2019



1. Be Present
I want to enjoy ordinary life more. 
The end of the year always get so rushed, and I find myself more times than not not being able to remember little things. 
I want to watch the sun rise and the sun set. 
I want to enjoy where I am. 
Christy Wright is always saying "Be Where Your Feet Are"!
That's exactly what I want to do; live in the moment. 

2. Work Less
This sounds a bit crazy, but I'm making this one of my goals for the year.
I love my job as a teacher, but it easily becomes overwhelming and can take over your life. 
There's always another lesson to create and more papers that I could grade. 
I have a very hard time separating home and work. 
While I've gotten better at it, I want to leave work at work more often and be able to feel like I can do my own thing at night and on the weekends.

3. Read 3 Books Per Month
I'm a reading and writing teacher, so it only makes sense that I read. 
When I look back at what I read over the year, there are months where I read five books and months where I read one. 
I want to read more, and so realistically I think that's 3 books each month. 
Hopefully some months I will read more, but I want to aim for 3!

So there are my goals for 2019.
It's easy to stick to them at the beginning of the year, but I want to stick to them all year long!
I've written them in my planners and hope to keep checking back in on them each month. 
My students and I revisited the goals they made at the beginning of the year. 
I had them assess whether they've met their goal, want to tweak it or need to make a new goal for the second half of the year. 
We make one reading goal and one writing goal. 
One thing that I've been neglecting with them is checking back in on those goals. 
So, I've added it to my monthly list to check back in on those goals!



4 comments:

  1. I love that saying, be where your feet are - that's such a clever way of saying it. Definitely something I need to work on, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all three of these goals! Being present is something I need to work on too, and reading more books is on my list of goals as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all three of these goals! Being present is something I need to work on too, and reading more books is on my list of goals as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your first one because it's so true! The end of the year always feels so chaotic and rushed, hopefully this year will be different.

    ReplyDelete