Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Ruthie's Potato Soup

It was a frigid one last weekend. 
Unfortunately/fortunately we got mostly rain on Saturday, which then turned to snow Saturday night and we ended up with about 8 inches by the time we woke up. 
We spent the morning shoveling snow at our house, some neighbors and at my parents and their neighbors. 
When we got home a few hours later I was ready for a nice bowl of soup. 
I had been going through recipes and found this one of our dear family friend. 
My grandma Beabout never really wrote down her soup recipes, so I was excited to find this one. 
I grabbed the potatoes and quickly got to work. 


What You'll Need:
2 TBSP. Butter
6 Large Potatoes-Diced
2 Med Onions-Chopped
3 Stalks Celery-Diced
1/2 Tsp. Salt
Pepper to taste

2 Cups Chicken Broth
1 Cup Milk
2 Cups Cheese (Velveeta)

In a saucepan, melt the butter.
Add in the diced potatoes, onions and celery. 
Add your desired salt and pepper. 

Saute 5 minutes. Stir often. 
Add 2 Cups of Chicken Broth.
Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender. 

Stir in 1 C. milk. 
Add 2 C. cheese. 
Heat until cheese is melted.

*You can opt to use half and half instead of milk. 
In addition, we didn't have any onions, so I didn't use any. 

This is a great lunch for a snowy, chilly day!

Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Potato soup is always a winner in my house! This looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete