Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Word of the Year: 2019

If you read my goals for this year, then you know one of them is to be present more. 
To be where my feet are. 
This might sound silly, but I find myself thinking about all of the other things going on and not truly being present with where I am. 
For that reason, I deemed my word for 2019...


When I'm at school I want to be focused on schoolwork, not what I want to do that night or what I wished I'd done over the weekend. 
I truly enjoy each day and enjoy my days at school, but I often feel like I'm not truly there. 
There are days where I wish I was more focused or in the moment. 
I want to learn with the kids and enjoy our days together. 
I want to be in the moment. 

When I'm at home I often am thinking about ALL of the things that I need to do the next day or my never ending to-do list. 
This has been a major struggle all 7 years of teaching. 
This year I'm really focusing on controlling what I can control and leaving the rest alone. 
There are only so many hours in a day. 
I can't work 24/7.
I need time away from school and need time to myself and my family at home. 
I feel like I'm doing a lot better in this area, but it's SO easy to get sucked back in. 
I want to be present at home and focus on life outside of school. 

So, my word for 2019 is present. 
Be where my feet are. 
Focus on where my feet are. 
Let the worries subside and really enjoy each day, no matter where I am!



1 comment:

  1. "Be where my feet are"...I love that! It's so true, I am constantly doing the same and need to work on that!

    ReplyDelete