Monday, August 7, 2017

Day in the Life- Summer 2017

These posts are always so much fun. 
I started and stopped taking pictures a couple of times before this day. 
I've documented some things but not everything; however, I think this is as good as it gets. 

By 7 am I was up and had the bed made. 
I love making the bed first thing as soon as I get up. 

I did my daily devotional and ate a banana to get ready to go run.

Stretching for my run. 
I always stretch inside, and then as soon as I head outside I'm ready to go!
No turning back!

You know what's funny...
I have the exact same shoes for running outside as for working out indoors. 
The ones above are older and a bit dirtier, but I love having a second pair for inside. 

Here I am the day before all ready for my workout video. 
After that I forgot about the picture taking.

It is HOT and HUMID right now. 
This is no lie. 
Real life sweating sweating sweating after my 4 miles!


I had to shower, and then I started on some baking. 
Making my breakfast- and egg and cranberry juice and working on a freezer meal.

 Watching my favorite morning show-Live with Kelly and Ryan!

The trivia part is ALWAYS my favorite!
Fingers crossed that we can get tickets for the show when we visit in October!

 Finishing up my freezer meal.

 

Then, I sat down and watched some Hallmark Christmas

while touching up my nails.

I was done baking and doing my nails and toenails, so I got ready for the pool.

I spent about 2 hours at the pool before heading home and getting ready for a late lunch with my co-workers. 
We had some pizza and talked talked talked. 

Then, I drove through the pouring rain home and made some cheesy potatoes while Alex grilled chicken. 
I lost my mom's recipe, so I had to use a Pinterest one, and they weren't as good. 
Boo!

 I registered some books on Amazon to sell.

I made more hummingbird food.

Then, I deadheaded and watered flowers. 
I love my flowers SO much!
I can't imagine a world without flowers!!

All three flower boxes out front. 



I was watering flowers while Alex was taking in this view. 
I have great childhood memories of fishing and out on a little flat bottom boat on this pond.


I cherished the last drop of light on the back porch by looking for fun ways to teach rules in a middle school classroom. 
This pin right here speaks one of my co-workers.
Come to find out, he actually used memes last year. 
#Daylatedollarshort

Do you guys have any fun ideas to teach 8th graders about the rules in my language arts classroom?!
A PowerPoint or just standing in front of them talking doesn't work these days. 
I've found a cool reader's theater idea but am still looking for others. 
Let me know if you have any. 

So there you have it. 
A normal summer day in my life. 
Running, the pool and taking care of my flowers are normal Beth things!



4 comments:

  1. You are so productive! That's awesome. And I've never sold any books on Amazon, does that work well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers look great! I wish I had that skill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are so pretty - and that view - WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always make the bed when we get up in the morning. I always feel so much better starting the day that way.

    ReplyDelete