Thursday, August 31, 2017

Nancy's Pasta Salad

Summertime and even into Labor Day means potato salad, macaroni salad and pasta salad. 

Up until a few years back I didn't like any of those. 
I'm not a mayonnaise fan, so I don't like a lot of salads, and for some reason I just wasn't a pasta salad fan. 
That was until I had my mom's friend Nancy's pasta salad. 


Not only was it delicious, but it makes a ton and is super easy to make. 

Items Needed:
Pasta Noodles (I use the corkscrew multi color ones)
Red Pepper
Green Pepper
Hot Pepper Rings
Cucumber
Cheddar Cheese 
Mozzarella Cheese
Pepperoni
Salami
Italian Dressing
Catalina Dressing

1. The first thing that I do is boil the noodles, drain and set them aside. 
Make sure you rinse them with cold water and dump them into a bowl, so that they don't get mushy and stick together. 

2. Next I dice all of vegetables, cheese and meats.

This is my favorite product to use when I'm dicing vegetables.
Only $20 at Bed Bath and Beyond.

The vegetables are so quick to do with this tool. 
After that I dice the meat and cheese by hand. 

3. Next I add the vegetables, meat and cheese to the bowl with the pasta. 





4. Then I add a whole bottle of Italian dressing and a half bottle of Catalina.


5. Mix it all together and there you have it. 


This makes A LOT!
So you can keep some and give some to a neighbor!


1 comment: