Monday, October 10, 2016

Apple Pie

My grandma taught me to make pie crust when I was young. 
I never could perfect her recipe, so I changed to another family favorite pie crust recipe.
 It's so simple!

Pie Crust
2 C. Flour
1/2 C. Butter (softened)
1/3 C. Milk
1 1/2 tsp. Vinegar
Dash of Salt
Mix together all of the ingredients and let sit in the refrigerator for a while. 
Remove, flour surface and roll out.


You can use the pie crust recipe for nearly any pie that you would like to make..
Roll out, place in pie plate, crimp edges and leave extra dough for pie topper.


5 Golden Delicious apples...I like Johnagold, but the store was out of them, so I used Golden Delicious





I mixed some recipes together this time and ended up with 

Apple Pie
5 Golden Delicious apples-sliced
5 TBSP. Cornstarch
1 TBSP. Cinnamon
1 C. Sugar

Mix together all ingredients and put in pie plate with crust. Roll out leftover dough, put on top of pie. Cut some slits in the pie top. Spread a tsp or 2 of milk on top. Sprinkle some sugar on top. Bake @ 350 for 45 minutes or until brown.


Roll out the rest of the dough and put on top.

Cut some slits in the pie top.


Top with milk and sugar!




Delicious apple pie!
Add a scoop of ice cream to the warm pie for a great evening snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment