Friday, July 21, 2017

Friday Favorites: Sevin, Accessory Concierge, Yeti

Hey ladies!
Happy Friday!
The days all blur together for me now, but it's another Friday Favorites!
As always, I'm linking up with ErikaNarci and Andrea
We're sharing our favorites from the week.
Grab their graphic and linkup with your favorites from the week, too.

Sevin

We've been having an earwig problem. 
Last fall we got some trees cut down and trimmed back to allow more sun around the house. 
At that time I'd noticed a few earwigs around damp things like the garden hose. 

This summer has been WAY worse. 
The earwigs have destroyed some of my plants. 
I finally caught on and realized that the tearing look of my petunias was from them. 

I would pick up pots on our front porch and have earwigs running out of them. 
They had even killed numerous plants within one hanging basket. I kept wondering why the plants were slowly dying. One at a time I would pull out a plant after it would die off.
Out back we had two beautiful hanging baskets sitting in pots and they were nearly destroyed. 

Now I've been sprinkling Sevin dust in the bottom of the baskets/containers that we set the hanging baskets in. 
This has worked wonders!
The earwigs are dying in the dust before they get to the plants. 



There's also Sevin spray I've been spraying on the plants themselves. 
We've tried to hand more plants than set on the ground. 

Do you guys have any earwig remedies?
They really are starting to freak me out. 

Accessory Concierge

My cute purchases from Accessory Concierge's 4th of July sale!




409 Stone and Steel

I've been struggling with keeping our granite counter tops non-streaky. 
I saw Shay had suggest this product, but I couldn't find it anywhere- Target, Walmart, etc.

We were just strolling down an aisle at Lowe's when I spotted it. 
I had to have it, and it works so well!
No more streaks!

Spray whatever area you want to clean and wipe up with a dry paper towel!


Yeti Rambler

Alex got boots for work the other day. 
He called to tell me that he found a pair and that he saw the Yeti bottle that I mentioned liking previously.
He asked me some more questions about it, and I really had no idea what the answers were, so I really paid no attention to it and went about my day.
That evening when I came home from the auction I went to this was waiting for me.


Alex is terrible at surprises, and I in no way expected for him to buy it for me. 

We aren't typically Yeti people because they're a bit pricey and you can actually buy nearly the same thing in an off brand and it works just as well. 
One of my students did their choice project on this last year and tested a bunch of cups/thermoses. 
It was so neat to hear his results. 
Yeti isn't always the winner!

I'm excited to take this to school. 
We don't have air conditioning, so August and September are brutal. 
I like to fill up my cup when I drink  all of the water that I put in in the morning, but I can't bare the time running down to the lounge- 4 doors down to grab a bottle of water out of the refrigerator. 
To save time I will just go without drinking anything. 
Now, I can have this in my room ready to fill my cup up!


Posts From the Week

On Monday I shared a little Get to Know Me post with 3 Things. 
You can find out more about me in that post by clicking here

On Tuesday I linked up with Ashley and Erika to talk Freezer Meals. 
If you have ideas or want some ideas, click here

Yesterday I shared what I did during my 8th week of summer. 

I have a fun and busy weekend ahead; enjoy yours too!

2 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, I hope you are able to get the earwig problem under control! I've had a few friends have the same problem and they destroyed their flowers and other vegetation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excuse me, what!?! You don't have air conditioning at school!?! Agh! I'm so sorry! I can't even imagine, but hopefully you don't have 100 degree temps. My wannabe Yeti is definitely a lifesaver at school. Hope you have a good (and cool!) weekend!

    ReplyDelete