Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Show and Tell: Best Apps

Hey ladies!
It's Show and Tell Tuesday!


Andrea from Momfessionals has a linkup two Tuesday's a month. 

Today's topic is your most helpful/best apps on your phone. 

If you're interested in linking up later on or want to see what the topics were so far this year, check out the graphic below. 




So, I will definitely admit that I'm not the best with apps. 
I'm always behind on the trends, and I tend to use my phone for very limited purposes. 
I'm sure there's a ton more things I could do with, but I just don't. 
So, here are the few apps I use regularly. 
At the end you definitely need to tell me your favorite app or what you think I would benefit from using. 

Bible


Each morning I use the regular Bible app to look up scriptures that go with that day's devotion. 
It's super easy to scroll through the books of the Bible and find the right chapter and verse.

Weather Channel


I love to be up-to-date on the weather. 
I'm constantly looking at the Weather Channel app, but I'm not sure it's that accurate anymore. 
I feel that it calls for large amounts of snow or rain and then we never end up getting it. 
What weather apps do you guys use?

Receipt Hog


Receipt Hog allows you to take a picture of your receipts and answer a few questions before submitting it. 
Receipt Hog then gives you so many spins to spin a slot machine to win prizes, coins or more spins. 
I haven't won big, but I know someone who won $100 using this app.

Notes


I'm a fanatic about the Notes app. 
I use it to keep track of our grocery list, ideas for school, Friday Favorites, dinner menus, monthly goals, books to read, to-do lists, etc. 
My list could go on and on. 

Apple Music


I recently started using Apple Music, and I love that you can download songs to your phone and don't have to use your data to play them. 
In addition, I really like Apple Radio. 
I think you can have as many stations as you want, and you can SKIP songs as MUCH as you want!
Apple Music beats Pandora in my book!

Tiny Calendar


I used to use the Tiny Calendar on my iPad, and then when I got an iPhone I continued to use it. 
It has my school calendar and regular life calendar on it; however, I don't use it that much anymore.

So those are the few apps that I use regularly, but I know there are so many more.
Tell me what apps I should be using.
I'm a teacher, runner, baker lover and wife.
What apps would someone like that use?


5 comments:

  1. I've never heard of receipt hog- will definitely look into it. I like Ibotta for rebates. Checkout 51 wasn't very good. You've been talking a lot about your break being the same routine - look into Shopkick and go to the stores to scan everything to earn gift cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Receipt Hog sounds like something I NEED. That's so cool! And I never thought to use the Bible app in conjunction with a devotional for easy access. So smart! The only one I would suggest is pinterest - so many great recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Notes App, it is definitely one that I use on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The receipt hog sounds sooooo cool. I need to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use the Notes app like crazy. Laura at Fantastically Four shared the Google Keep app for her note keeping. I've already downloaded it. It look much more festive as opposed to the same ole boring notes!

    ReplyDelete