Thursday, July 13, 2017

Girl Chat: Million Dollars!!

Today I'm enjoying my first time linking up with five great ladies for some Girl Chat. 


Once a month SierraDanielleEmilyLindsay and Lizzie link up to share some ideas to help us get to know each other better. 

Today's topic is: 

What would you do with a million dollars?


Wow! What a topic I decided to join on. 
A million dollars is a LOT of $!

I often used to think what I would do if I won the lottery. 
Now, I don't play the lottery, but it's great to think what I would do if I did and won. 

My first thought always goes to paying off any debt we might have. 
Whether that be a house, school loans or cars. 

From there I'd want to help my family out. 
I think I would give $25,000 to my mom, dad, brother, aunt, uncle, cousin and grandma. 
They are the closest people to me and have always been around. 
I don't want life to be hard for them, and I want them to be content with the money they have. 
I really have no idea how much I would distribute, but $25,000 popped into my head.

After that I'd like to offer more to my parents for doing everything they ever have for me. 
I truly believe I had the best childhood. 
I can't complain about how my parents raised me. 
They didn't give me everything (but I didn't do without) because they knew that would make me believe I could have everything I wanted, but they taught me the value of hard work. 
I really respect the values they instilled in me. 

Alex and I have dreamed about building our own home, so we would probably put a chunk of money away specifically to build a house. 

I'd also like to give some money to a particular charity. 
My brother is a type one diabetic and my aunt had breast cancer, so finding something to help those two causes would be near to my heart. 

I would definitely want to save a lot of the money. 
Investing some of it would be a great idea for life down the road. 

One thing I for sure wouldn't do is quit my job. 
I really don't think I'm made to stay at home. 
I get bored far too easily and need daily job challenges to keep me occupied. 

I'm sure I've forgotten a lot, but wow what a topic. 
What great ideas do you all have if you won a million dollars?!


8 comments:

  1. I would do things very similar to how you did. A million dollars is hard to fathom, though! Have a great Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree helping out family and giving back to those that took such good care of us growing up!!! And building a house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure I could stay at home either. But I would love to build my dream home too. And I would definitely share and treat my family! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for joining us! I loved reading about how you would spend your million. Helping family out is so important and I love the causes you would put it towards that are near and dear to your heart.
    Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're such a sweet daughter, niece, and sister! I've paid for everything I have since I was a teenager, and although I want my kids to work hard, I want to give them as much as I can since I didn't have a similar experience. I'm totally with you- not quitting my job- summer is a blessing and a curse!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I think I would also help out family but also save a lot of it. You just never know what will come up in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many great ideas!! My husband is a type one diabetic so I would definitely donate money there too! Your parents sound like great people!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, yes and yes to everything above! Your parents sound like some truly amazing people (as do you!) and I love that you would help them :)

    ReplyDelete