Thursday, July 27, 2017

Sweet Summertime Recap: Week 9

Hey Hey Hey!
Week 9 of Summer Vacation is here and gone.
Check out my week away below...


Thursday, July 20

I started my morning out strong with a super hot and sweaty 4 mile run.
I came home and immediately hopped in the shower.

I spent my morning watching some Hallmark Christmas

and making another freezer meal- baked ziti.

Friday, July 21

On Friday it was another humid one.
I did a workout video in the basement and then showered and biked to my parents to do some work in the garden.
I was drenched in sweat. Just so humid out!
I came home and ate a salad and spent an hour at the pool trying to read a new book suggested by one of my co-workers.

I'm not a fantasy person and have been struggling getting through the pages.
The pool helps me to focus.
I get to enjoy some sunshine or on this day just humid weather and clouds.



I came home and did some blogging and planning for the new school year. 

Saturday, July 22

On Saturday I traveled.
Since I was very young I've visited my aunt and uncle nearly every year.
The only year I missed was last year because it was so busy with the wedding, honeymoon and other vacations.

We first stopped at the outlet mall, which was so fun!
 1. It was raining so bad that we were going 30 on the highway and could barely see the road.
Getting out of crazy summer weather was nice.

2. The bargains were great!!

I love a Pottery Barn outlet!

JCrew had awesome deals!
I even found dress pants that fit!
#Hallelujah
Dress pants and I typically don't mix!


We arrived in time to head to a family cookout and enjoyed the night catching up with our relatives.

Sunday, July 23

My aunt is one special lady. 
She knows what you like and don't like and has it waiting for you when you arrive.
Here are the "good" peaches awaiting me in the basement. 
She wanted to keep them separated from the others that weren't so great.

It was off and on raining in the morning, but I found a dry time to get in a morning walk before we headed back to Tennessee.
We don't have trails where I live and I love trails/wide sidewalks for walking/running!



As soon as I was back we hit the read and I traveled back to Tennessee with my relatives.

Monday, July 24

Sunday night we got a terrible storm. 
I woke up to tons of fog.

Monday we enjoyed some grocery shopping, lunch at Einstein's and the pool.


I looked for some bulletin board ideas.
I know I've been asking for a lot of help with the classroom lately, but which of the following ideas do you like for the beginning of the year?

I have a HUGE in the hallway to makeover.
Option 1
Kids take a selfie of themselves and their favorite book.




Option 2
Book Suggestion Outline



It was so big I had to take 2 screenshots.




Option 3
All about Growth Mindsets!

I did a pool with my co-workers, so I know which one they chose, but I'm interested to see what you all think.
Remember, I teach 8th grade language arts.
It's really hard to find intriguing bulletin board ideas for them!

Tuesday, July 25

Tuesday started off with a kick butt workout.
It was only 2 miles, but it was mostly hills.
I was sweating like I've never sweated before. I ended the run running up this huge incline of a hill.
Then, I got to enjoy the ride down the other side.
My legs, chest, head, arms, etc. were dripping wet!
I'm not sure I ever sweated so much!

It was another great day to enjoy swimming and laying out.
Here's my latest read.
It's a super easy and interesting read!
Thanks Emily for suggesting it!

Wednesday, July 26

We went to the Knoxville Zoo!

First, I started my day with a cinnamon and sugar bagel from Einstein's!
This is what I nearly ate every morning in college.
I haven't had one since those days 6 years ago!
Yummy!

It was a fun way to break up the day and get out before it got too hot.



Here I am with my sweet little cousins!
Can you see the beads I'm wearing?!
They handed them out when they picked me up.
They're from Mardi Gras, but I sported them all day at the zoo!

So, there's a quick little recap for you!
I'm sure we will be enjoying some walks, sunshine and the pool again today!

3 comments:

  1. I am loving that outfit from J Crew! And the zoo looks like such a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something amazing about starting the morning with a workout. I run or attend a workout class every morning and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun week! I don't think we have a Pottery Barn outlet at our outlet mall- shucks! Love that "What to give a reader who is also a..." chart- that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete