Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Tuesday Talk: Freezer Meals

I'm joining in on a new link up today. 
The third Tuesday of every month Ashley and Erika do a little Tuesday Talk. 


You can blog about whatever you're interested in talking about. 

Today Freezer Meals are on my mind. 


This summer I've had a ton of time on my hands. 
Usually I'm taking all kinds of summer classes and last summer I was moving my stuff to our home together. 
This summer I'm taking two classes, but they are very relaxed and that's all I have. 
Every single day is Groundhog Day for me. 
I do the same handful of things each and every day. 

While I do love it on one hand and know I will miss it when school starts again, I want to make sure that I'm capitalizing on these days. 
Lately I've been thinking all about how I can make meal planning easier. 

I've been frying and freezing ground beef and taco meat.
 

Last week I made three pounds of hamloaf and divvied it up into dishes to freeze.

Then, I made corned beef sandwiches.
It makes a lot, so we had some to eat and some to freeze.

I got bored and ambitious and tried out one freezer recipe from Pinterest.
Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Casserole

I'm contemplating making some lasagna and baked ziti to freeze this week, but what other freezer meals do you guys make?

I need a lot of help on this!
I don't even care if it's not a whole meal. 
I feel like I should be making a ton of meals and freezing them, and then when school starts and I have unexpected meetings after school I can grab something out of the freezer and not have a ton of time and prep into making a yummy dinner. 

Please, please, please leave all of your ideas!
If you have blog posts, please leave links to them!
I know Pinterest has a ton that I could scour, but I'd love to hear your tried and true advice first!


10 comments:

  1. Freezer meals are awesome. Our favorites are pasta and lasagna, Shepard's Pie, enchiladas, chili...the list goes on. The "lunchbox" section on my recipe index has a list of freezer friendly meals. http://birchwoodpie.blogspot.com/p/recipe-index.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freezer meals are so smart! I've gotten into the habit of portioning out vegetables that I will use throughout the week. It has made things so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! During the school year I do much better at portioning vegetables for my lunches, but during the summer I'm so off my game. I find I eat so much less during the summer. I think it may be a bad thing too because I don't consume near as much fruits or veggies as when I'm at school.

      Delete
  3. You had me at Freezer Meals - the title just jumped out! Spaghetti sauce freezes beautifully, as does chili! Also, I love having chicken noodle soup in the freezer for those days when I need a comfort meal, or am not feeling well. Something as simple as burger patties are good to have, too. I made this red pepper crockpot chicken once, but I can't find the recipe off the top of my head. You'll have to share if you find any really good recipes!!!

    http://alittlebitofemily.blogspot.com/2015/10/chicken-noodle-soup.html
    (make, let cool, then freeze)

    http://alittlebitofemily.blogspot.com/2016/08/thai-burgers.html
    combine, then freeze with wax paper between the patties so they don't stick together

    http://alittlebitofemily.blogspot.com/2015/11/stuffed-shells.html
    make, the freeze before the baking instructions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Do you make your own spaghetti sauce regularly? We have a garden, and I'd love to use our tomatoes and make our own sauce!

      Delete
  4. I need to learn to do this, too! The only thing I'm good at freezing is muffins, cupcakes, and cookies. I think since I have some extra eaters in my house, we are usually more about making meals that can be reworked for the 2nd night, but gosh if I could get my act together this summer and cook ahead of time, life would be fabulous come September!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great - I need to get better at doing freezer meals since I'm a terrible meal planner! Freezer Lasagna and Baked Ziti sound amazing!

    happilyevergriedlscom.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to get better at freezing meals! Usually every month or so I cook a bunch of chicken in the crockpot and then shred it and freeze it in bags. It's easy to pull out for a quick dinner!

    ReplyDelete