Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Washington D.C. 2016

The past week has been a bit of a whirlwind!

My husband's grandfather was very ill, so we spent more time at the nursing home with him, which eventually led to his passing, the calling hours and I went on a school trip to Washington D.C. 

So, the blog fell by the wayside for a while.

Today you are in for a bunch of D.C. pictures.
For the past 4 years I have joined my fellow colleagues and trekked about 6 hours to our nations capitol to give our students a peak at life in the city.

Many of my students have never left the state before, so they are in for the shock of a lifetime when we make this trip. 
3 days straight with 130 8th graders is nothing but pure bliss!
#whoamIkidding
Actually they were fantastic, and I only got woke up by the security guard one time #win!

Arlington National Cemetery
I hope that one day I get the chance to run through this place. 
So beautiful!






Pentagon 9/11 Memorial



After dinner treat at Shake Shack
I opted for the Shackenstein!


Night Tour





Early morning visit at the White House, until we were redirected back to our bus.
I wonder who was coming




This computer cracked me up! It was in the American History museum.
I remember that exact computer from my Kindergarten class. 
It was before Apple got big, and we only had two computers in the whole class!
  

Mount Vernon


 Medieval Times



My favorite part of the Newseum is always the Pulitzer Prize Photos, especially this photo from good ole Kent State. I walked past that exact spot nearly every day in college. 
It reminds me from home away from home.

Maybe the adults..well the adults from Bus 1 favorite part of the whole trip was that we got back on Friday night before midnight... the Indians were winning...and our phones had a full battery
Because we had charging stations on our bus this year!
Last year one of the buses broke down on the George Washington Parkway, so we had to pile into two buses, make our way to a sketchy mall and wait for third bus. We got home at some crazy early hour and nearly all of our phones were dead!


No comments:

Post a Comment