Wednesday, December 21, 2016

What's Up Wednesday: End of 2016

It's our last What's Up Wednesday of 2016!

Today I'm linking up with MelShay and Sheaffer to share 
What's Up Wednesday!!!
Today we're answering the following questions plus
What is your favorite memory from 2016?


What we're eating this week:

Last week we had two snow days, so I spent a lot of time in the kitchen. 

Potato soup made with homegrown red skin potatoes!

 Cheese soup!

 Pizzelles!
 

Reese Cup Cookies!

 Peppermint Mocha Mini Bundt Cake courtesy of Mix and Match Mama

 Grandma's Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Breakfast Casserole-I've made four in the past two days!
 

Caramel Bundt Cake courtesy of Mix and Match Mama

Oreo Bundt Cake courtesy of Mix and Match Mama

This was my students' absolute favorite!

Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake courtesy of Mix and Match Mama

Tomorrow I will be sharing a lot of these yummy recipes!

What I'm reminiscing about:

I love everything about Christmas, but it always makes me reminisce the years past, especially my childhood. 




Lately I've been remembering all of the Christmases past and my loved ones who used to be here to celebrate but now are celebrating big time with Jesus! 

It's too bad that I haven't always had a digital camera or phone and so I can't share some pictures. 


What I'm loving:

Everything Christmas!












What we've been up to:

Life lately has been spent trying to live up every last Christmasy activity. 

 We've been enjoying snow...

 and making breakfast casseroles for my classes...

and watching my husband think he needs a giant TV in the kitchen... 

and seeing Christmas lights... 

and baking




What I'm dreading:

I'm dreading taking down all of my twinkle lights and pretty decorations. 







I wish we could leave them up all year. 

I guess they wouldn't have the same effect if we did that. 

I'm not looking forward to putting everything back, but I leave them out as long as I can and plan to box everything back up after New Years. 

What I'm working on:

I'm taking a break from grading and am working on some grammar activities. 

My 8th graders really really really struggle with grammar.
Do you have any fantastic ideas?
Those are my plans for Christmas break.


What I'm excited about:

It's still Christmas!

I'm really excited though to host our first Christmas dinner and to have a week and a half off!


What I'm watching/reading:

It's still the Steelers!


I'm crossing my fingers that we get them on Christmas night!
In addition, I've been catching a lot of holiday baking on the Food Network. 


What I'm listening to:


Christmas music for one more week!

What I'm wearing:







A few outfits set out for the coming days

What I'm doing this weekend:

Christmas!

I'm sorry for that being the answer to so many questions. 

We have Christmas Eve candlelight service, my grandma's, my parents, Alex's parents and our dinner!

What I'm looking forward to next month:

Next month is a fresh start! 

I always enjoy a clean slate whether it's a new school year, new day or new year. 

I'm thinking about yearly goals!

What else is new:

Everything has been revolving around Christmas. 


What's your favorite memory from 2016:

Getting married!







I will leave you with my favorite flowers from 2016!

Tomorrow I will be back with what I've been baking up lately. 




4 comments:

  1. Hopping over from the WUW linkup. I am so dreading taking down all our Christmas decor (I may need to go edit my post haha). Your wedding was absolutely beautiful!! Have a great Wednesday. Jessica @ lifeloveandreality.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pizzelles and no one ever makes them anymore. Do you have the press for it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We got it as a wedding gift! I haven't tried any other flavors than the vanilla, but I'm not a fan of the usual anise ones.

      Delete