Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Most Wonderful Time: Traditions and Show and Tell Tuesday: Decor

AND


 Today is Day 2 of a two week linkup with Sarah and Victoria
AND
 Show and Tell Tuesday with Andrea from Momfessionals.
Grab their graphics and linkup!
I just couldn't choose between the two, so today I'm doing both. 



 Today on It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year we're sharing our Christmas Traditions!!

I shared round 1 of Christmas traditions last week.
If you didn't see it, check it out here!

Today I'm doing Round 2 because we have oh so many traditions!


Christmas Chain


My brother and I created a Christmas chain when we were younger.
Each year we would add to it until it was long enough to wrap all around the 1st floor of our house. We would keep it in a box and get it out each Christmas to hang.
We no longer hang it, but my parents still have it.
It reminds me so much of celebrating Christmas as a kid.

We also used to have a scavenger hunt for one gift.
My dad would make up clues, and we would run around the house trying to find the other clues that eventually led us to a gift.
This used to be my absolute favorite part!
I lived for that hunt!

Christmas Breakfast

My mom always makes a ham breakfast casserole and sausage breakfast casserole along with sticky buns for Christmas morning.
My aunt, uncle, cousin and grandma always come down for breakfast.
This is one of my favorite Christmas traditions.
Christmas wouldn't seem right without breakfast at my parents with the rest of the family.

Tricky Gifts

I already blogged about this, but I can't leave it out this time. 
My brother, cousin and I always give tricky gifts. 
The gift itself might be tricky or the way we give it might be tricky.
Either way we have fun gifting each other. 
Take a look down memory lane at our quirky pranks on each other. 












I'm prepping for their tricky minds this year!
You can never put anything past them!

Christmas Dinner

This year we are starting our own tradition as a married couple.
We are hosting Christmas dinner for both of our families.
As a kid I grew up having Christmas dinner in this exact house since it was my grandma's.
I miss her so much, but I'm so excited to carry on her tradition in her house!!
Here we are together baking one Christmas while I was in college.

Some fun Christmas baking.

I love traditions and can't wait to read everyone else's.

Tomorrow we're sharing our Home Tour!

.....

And now on to Christmas decor for Show and Tell Tuesday!!!
I absolutely love decorating for Christmas!!!
I've decorated my parents since I was basically old enough to start tossing around decorations.
This year I'm all in on our home together.
I did get a chance to stop at my parents and put some decorations out.
I just couldn't stand it not looking how I wanted since I moved out.


Some outdoor decor...






Our entryway...

 I need to get a plate rack to hang our super cute personalized cutting board.

The living room...











A bit of decor in the bedroom...

Dining room...


I received one of these nativity pieces each Christmas from a close family friend.












Christmas makes everything so cozy. 
I can't wait to see how everyone else's homes look!


6 comments:

  1. Good morning, Beth! Ahhh I am sitting here loving your traditions and how fun they are! Last year I started hosting Christmas Breakfast and I really loved that. I think hosting Christmas dinner would be fabulous too. The chain is pretty amazing too! Your family knows how to have fun this time of year! And those decorations are on point! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! There's something so special about Christmas breakfast. I feel like the joy of the day is the most fresh in the morning!

      Delete
  2. I'm so grateful that you would link up with us! Your decorations look awesome, too! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. The traditions you had with your brother remind me of the things my little sister and I used to do when we lived at home! And I love how you've decorated your home...especially your Christmas tree! So beautiful!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your christmas breakfast menu!!! Such a beautiful tree and those ornaments in the metal basket outside are SO pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was so excited to find plastic pretty ornaments to go outside, so they don't shatter if the wind blows them away!

      Delete